aberdeen-music

Ben Folds tour announced for 2011

Lemonade

So what were peoples thoughts? I was relatively disappointed with him. Worst of the three times I've seen him. Probably to do with the fact I think his last two albums, especially Lonely Avenue, are really rather bad. Only three songs from the Five years, and surprisingly, and disappointingly few from Rocking the Suburbs (best album). Obviously, this is all personal taste but I also thought as a five piece it didn't work as well as it could have. Vocally, quite weak at times. Though, the French horn was lovely.

Oh, and he played 'Selfless, Cold and Composed'. My favourite tune of his.

Anyone else?

I thought it was absolutely fucking brilliant and it's around the top 5 gigs I've been to. Given he's touring a new album it's no surprise he's going to play a lot of songs from it. I really like most of Lonely Avenue (there's the odd stinker) and have been listening a lot to it so I was pretty happy with the set although I'd have loved to have heard more BFF and Rockin The Suburbs songs too. Chuffed with Still Fighting it, Annie Waits (*clap*) and Gone. Also really enjoyed singing the brass section in Army. The man entertains and I thought the band were great.

Sorry I disappeared on you Lucky, I wasn't offended at the misnomer, the wife was burstin for a pish.

What Shaki said. I don't think I could get the amount of RTS or any of the older albums I'd like unless I'd seen him 10 years ago. Considering he was touring both the latest albums I think we got a pretty good deal set-wise. Although I'd have preferred for him to have taken Spektor on tour, I didn't actually mind the Kate girl doing You Don't Know Me. It's a bit of a tune and yeah. I missed her set and changed my ticket to a seated to avoid being a loner but I enjoyed the gig a lot. He's definitely still one of the best live acts I've seen.

At least its not the boring cunt shite that is Clem Snide who he brought the last two tours.

Though having said that, now having listened to her, shes a bit of a boring cunt shite too. He should just play without support.

HE FUCKING HAD CLEM FUCKIGN SNIDE SUPPORTING? Saw them in 2001 and adored them...bought the record, loved it, then lost it. I had forgotten that they'd ever existed, but Goddamn! how I loved them for one summer