aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Lemonade

Ben Folds tour announced for 2011

And a Friday as well. Lovely stuff. 3 and a half years is too long.

I've only seen him once before and it was a rushed 40 minute set in mid afternoon in a tent at T In The Park 2008. Looking forward to this fo sho. What's the O2 Academy? Is that the same as the Carling Academy?

He's just not all that good anymore.

There will, however, always be a special place in my heart for BFF. Magic band.

He's just not all that good anymore.

The records arent so good anymore, but hes still fantastic live. Got my tickets this afternoon. Cannae wait.

Tickets bought. Girlfriend's Xmas presents complete. Excited. Have only seen him once at T in the Park too.

I bought a ticket for Glasgow and it came to a purse-raping 31. :(

It's definitely worth it though, as even with absolutely shite sound last time, he's still one of the most interesting live acts I've seen.

• Upvote 1

I bought a ticket for Glasgow and it came to a purse-raping 31. :(

It's definitely worth it though, as even with absolutely shite sound last time, he's still one of the most interesting live acts I've seen.

Nae cheap. All these booking fees and what not are ludicrous. I get tickets through my RBS Royalties account with a discount so 2 tickets were 45 in the end but still pretty dear. Anyway, I'm sure it'll be 31 worth of enjoyment.

I had no idea that he was popular enough to command such a high ticket price!

When I first saw him in 2005 it was 'only' 17 quid. Fuck knows how expensive hes going to be next time he returns after this.

To be fair, I think it's mainly ticketbastard,com and such like that've upped their services charges and the like. He was the same price in 2007 (25) but I don't remember having to pay totally over the odds? Though, I could've just been blinded by the want to see him back then, plus I had a job and lived at home.

I downloaded "Lonely Avenue" last night it's got some lovely tunes on it but it's not the same. I rarely pay any attention to lyrics when I'm listening to music but Ben Folds is one of the few who I actually do pay attention to because he's a great lyricist, so listening to the new album and knowing someone else wrote the lyrics just isn't the same. Good album like but no Whatever And Ever Amen.

I hope he takes Regina Spektor as a surprise guest. It's never going to happen, but, I don't really like the current support, so I can live in hope.

This should be good. I hope it's good.

At least its not the boring cunt shite that is Clem Snide who he brought the last two tours.

Though having said that, now having listened to her, shes a bit of a boring cunt shite too. He should just play without support.