aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2011

jester1470

• 2 weeks later...

Have been playing the full version all weekend now and loving the little touches, the way the press conferences are done seems better to me and the way you can discuss and negotiate with an agent in real time. Really enjoying the 3d graphics and the afct I have 6 leagues running and its still as quick as ever, theyalways manage to make it that much better and have succeeded again :)

Surprised there hasnt been more comment on this or is everyone too busy playing, i love it, the way you negotiate a contract is so much better than previous games, and you feel genuine satisfaction when you get them for less than they ask for whereas that was much more difficult in previous games,brilliant 3d engine, takes a bit longer to play each match i think, but generally I love it. Anyone else got any other thoughts ? Definitely more difficult than previous versions imo.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Agh, i just bought this for 20 from Steam about 6 weeks ago as I was desperate after the season ended. Still, I went as Blackburn and came 4th in my first season AND won the league cup. Got a 35ml transfer kitty for the summer and brought in some rad players. I'm going to win the fucking Champions League now. Did anyone else find this one a lot easier than 09? I certainly do. I never played '10 so couldn't tell you if it was hard.

I started with the Dons. Was with them for Four seaons. Won a few cups. I got the Man City job. I was there for three seasons. Won the league in my last season. From there I went to Chelsea, I really don't know why because I got sacked. Was unemployed for ages. Then got the Real madrid job somehow. Now I'm on the verge of being sacked in my third season, sitting 3rd.

After all I've done for them in that three seasons. Won two leagues - Won two Spanish cups - Won one Champions League - Supercup, Intercontinental Cup - Two Spanish super cups and i signed Rooney for 90M. I'm keeping tabs on the Man City and Liverpool jobs. My Family can't settle in Spain :D

Just had a quite amazing season with Cambridge - won Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup, lost the Euro Cup final to AC Milan. Am managing England as well, just made the World Cup finals of 2030 via the play offs cos I lost to Wales both home and away in the qualifiers. I expect to make the quarter finals and then be dumped out on penalties!

• 4 weeks later...

Stick at it, you'll get used to it soon enough, it's a great game, with huge depth BUT you dont actually have to play it with that much depth whilst you get used to it, just use the set teams, get the assistant manager to choose the best team and go with it and you'll slowly get used to what happenes and how to do what, the tutorial mode is handy too.

I just got this. It's the first FM game I've had since 2005 so I'm completely out of my depth as Carlisle United manager. I might sack it off and see if I can get a working version Ultimate Soccer Manager instead. I knew where I was with that one.

There are a few sites that offer USM for free if you fill in a quick questionnaire, fantastic game!!!!

I would stick with FM tho, if you interested in getting into a management game its by far the best, the SI forums have amazing in depth tutorials regarding tactics, training and almost every part of the game, they will help you massively. I've bought every single version of this game since the champ man days and i still find myself going to them for help at times.

I just got this. It's the first FM game I've had since 2005 so I'm completely out of my depth as Carlisle United manager. I might sack it off and see if I can get a working version Ultimate Soccer Manager instead. I knew where I was with that one.

USM! Best game. I loved building the stadium, and as many surrounding buildings as possible. The whole match-fixing thing was a laugh too. Best manager game ever, bar none.