imp: The Unwinding Hours (ex-Aereogramme) + Katerwaul @ The Tunnels, 21st May

offramp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought I had posted on this already.

great night.

never caught katerwaul but have never really been into em so no loss to me, a few people raving about them afterwards though.

UH were absolutely outstanding, there was no other way to describe it. Huge sound where I was standing and seamless execution with the instrumentation, the art of belief was incredible and a nice surprise, still think Craig on his own is as good as anything/anyone. solstice went right up my spine and neck, simply stunning. I still regard the Craig B gig at Drakes as one of the best gigs I have ever witnessed....

Good to see a healthy, attentive and appreciative crowd. As always with IMP they get the vibe "right" and good to see em still going strong (good to see that UH appreciate / respect their efforts too!)

Have to be honest and say I wasn't all that taken by Katerwaul. Not a bad band, but very painting-by-numbers, and not really all that gripping. Sorry.

The Unwinding Hours were jaw-droppingly good.

Overall, :up:

Pretty much this. Tim's voice is remarkably good, and they clearly love what they're doing deeply, but it just didn't do that much for me.

Knut was amazing. Glad I was able to sing to that and actually know the words properly (even if there is only about 15 or so!)

Here's hoping they come back soon.

thought I had posted on this already.

You did, over here >> http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/interesting-music-promotions/60025-unwinding-hours-katerwaul-%40-tunnels-21st-may.html#post813361

Brilliant night. I played The Unwinding Hours album to death when it came out and probably haven't listened to it in over a month, which made the live experience all the better for it. I definitely preferred them in a small-ish capacity venue than the time I saw them at the ABC. Peaceful Liquid Shell was sublime. Knut was crushing.

Thanks to everyone who came to the show and showed TUH and Katerwaul the respect they deserved. I was a bit worried that a Friday night crowd might be more up for a bevvyandchat than listening to the band, so I was pleasantly surprised. Nice one.

TUH genuinely loved it and are up for coming back. And perhaps Craig might come up on his own again sometime. :love:

I only caught Tim briefly after the show, and wanted to thank the other guys in Katerwaul but they all disappeared quite sharpish. If any of you are on here, then cheers all! :up: