aberdeen-music

Winter Olympics

Sam 45

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to turn over in case i miss another epic crash, feel sorry for the girl that fell coming out of the gate.

most speed sports viewers watch to see them crash, as long as its not fatal mind! wouldnt want anyone to die doing the sport they love but you cannot beat a spectacular crash! Most escape reletively unharmed! life's a lottery anyway!

I couldn't seem to locate Ben's event last night; apparently it was available via the wee red button on beebs. I believe he came 18th overall but did very well until not landing his final trick, or something. The lad Shaun White is suposedly superhuman when it comes to holding onto his snowboard and spinning around for 1260 degrees. 18th may not sound great but Ben doesn't have the same experience as many of the other competitors and a lot is expected of him in the future. He seems pretty "stoked" though.

Good lad. Bring on Russia 2014!

Guest Gladstone
I couldn't seem to locate Ben's event last night; apparently it was available via the wee red button on beebs. I believe he came 18th overall but did very well until not landing his final trick, or something. The lad Shaun White is suposedly superhuman when it comes to holding onto his snowboard and spinning around for 1260 degrees. 18th may not sound great but Ben doesn't have the same experience as many of the other competitors and a lot is expected of him in the future. He seems pretty "stoked" though.

Good lad. Bring on Russia 2014!

I was miffed about missing this last night - had leaving drinks for a guy at work.

18th best in the world sounds alright to me. He's just 21, so plenty of chances to improve on that as well.

I heard he didn't land his last trick, which surely would have cost him points - if he'd landed it, he might have been a bit further up.

Good on the lad for getting to the bloody Olympics in the first place, here's hoping he can keep improving. :up:

I watched it on the red button at about 2am last night. He fell in his first run in the semi final within 2 jumps i think, so it was all done to his last run. He started it off pretty well, despite a sketchy landing on his first 10, he then fell on his 3rd or 4th jump. Not sure if it would have been enough to make it in the final as the judges were being very strict on landings.

Good on the lad though.

stayed up and watched Amy Williams triumph, well done! Boo Hiss to the bitter and twisted Canadians who lodged in a complaint about her helmet, talk about sour grapes! Think the yanks had complained as well, take it on the chin, you were beaten by the better woman. She comes across as a lovely down to earth girl and fully deserved her win.

stayed up and watched Amy Williams triumph, well done! Boo Hiss to the bitter and twisted Canadians who lodged in a complaint about her helmet, talk about sour grapes! Think the yanks had complained as well, take it on the chin, you were beaten by the better woman. She comes across as a lovely down to earth girl and fully deserved her win.

I did the same. Was well worth it. I was saying things like 'ooh, she took a big tap coming out of thunderbird'... That's how much I was getting into it. She seems a properly nice girl and deserved the win. Can't believe that's only britain's 11th gold in the last century or something.