aberdeen-music

Lady Mercedes + Toxic Distortion @ Cafe Drummonds

The funny thing is, Runcie has more talent that the whole of your band put together,

And thats somthing that mummy cant buy you.

Fraz, what is point in ripping into folk you don't even know? You don't like the genre of music they play, so you think that gives you a valid excuse to give them crap.

I had a really negative opinion of them before, and one night i spoke to them. I think to be honest i spoke to them as a joke to begin with, but i remember in the conversation they said that they don't understand why people give them so much crap for playing the particular type of music they enjoy.

Fair enough, they may not be the most talented band ever, but Fraz do you remember when you started writing music in your first bands, would you have appreciated someone saying that to you?

Can't wait to get raped for this.

• Upvote 1

it would be fine if they were a band that didnt have huge ego's, or that thought that buying them selves onto shows at the roxy made them matter in the slightest.

Perfect example of a band that have contributed nothing to aberdeen's music scene, yet think they are the be all and end all,

Another reason for my dislike, at the start of the year, i remember having fraser allan in my car, and him bigging up all these tours there doing, and the marshall and ziljian sponsorship deals they were getting,

and what have they done so far in the year? 3 shows max?

Good een,

Guest idol_wild
Fraz, what is point in ripping into folk you don't even know? You don't like the genre of music they play, so you think that gives you a valid excuse to give them crap.

I had a really negative opinion of them before, and one night i spoke to them. I think to be honest i spoke to them as a joke to begin with, but i remember in the conversation they said that they don't understand why people give them so much crap for playing the particular type of music they enjoy.

Fair enough, they may not be the most talented band ever, but Fraz do you remember when you started writing music in your first bands, would you have appreciated someone saying that to you?

Can't wait to get raped for this.

I've never really been properly involved in the Toxic Distortion thing, purely because they are of no interest to me at all - as musicians or people.

However, I think it's fair to point out that anyone who is in a band or performs music will have to take criticism at some point. Some more than others, for various reasons. It seems to me that most people have sided against Toxic Distortion largely as a consequence of their own actions, behaviour, conduct and communication on this site and in press. I think the best thing for Toxic Distortion to do is stop rising to any criticism they receive on this website and just get on and do what they do. I think I'd be right in saying that approximately 0% of their demographic are regular visitors to this website, which is where they tend to receive criticism.

I can kinda see what you mean about the sponsership deals and stuff.

Paying onto shows, i can also see what you mean. But can you expect a band to just sit on thee ass the whole time and just wait for all these offers.

But all i am trying to say is, i'm giving TD a bit of respect for doing what they enjoy, not what is cool.

I've never really been properly involved in the Toxic Distortion thing, purely because they are of no interest to me at all - as musicians or people.

However, I think it's fair to point out that anyone who is in a band or performs music will have to take criticism at some point. Some more than others, for various reasons. It seems to me that most people have sided against Toxic Distortion largely as a consequence of their own actions, behaviour, conduct and communication on this site and in press. I think the best thing for Toxic Distortion to do is stop rising to any criticism they receive on this website and just get on and do what they do. I think I'd be right in saying that approximately 0% of their demographic are regular visitors to this website, which is where they tend to receive criticism.

yeah man, fair point.

i just didnt think what fraz was saying was criticism, it was just him ripping them for no reason.

which is WIDE

I'd just like to say in reply to what frasers just said aswell, we do not have big ego's......

This big bad rep that we seem to have everywhere we go in Aberdeen is based on what people have heard about us - complete shite.

We arn't horrible bastards with huge ego's, that has came about through people thinking we walk with a huge swagger going FUCKIN COME ON ENNNN well no that just doesnt happen, its because you get the odd person who will go HAHA CHECK YOU or a sly evil look from somebody. and i can say now all we do is brush it off or question the person about it - simply....what is your problem? we dont run over with a spade and dig their grave.

the fact we know how to stand up for ourselves and question peoples opinions doesnt mean we think we are gods gift. Personally i tend to ask people what their problem is because they will slag off the band or myself when their band isnt exactly doing much better just because they play week in week out on a deenfest show(which they get because they are friends with steve and popular so will pull a crowd not because their band is shit hot) doesnt mean they are better than us, also the fact most of the people are adults.

also adding to the shit that gets made up theres a perfect example a few posts above...."paying onto shows at the roxy" WHAT THE FUCK? we havn't even asked the roxy for a show? we dont pay onto shows? alot of people seem to think we are rich kids and pay our way on to everything this is also not true. If some people maybe looked into things more accuratly, the fact we were organsing shows in L.A. doesnt say WE ARE PAYING OUR WAY IN. MOST venues are pay to play over there because of their high profile, every band that plays a gig in the roxy or whisky are paying for it, they are presale venues.

and in reply to what fraser allan said in your car..

rule number one - fraser speaks bullshit 9/10 times you will speak to him.

he recently swore on his life he got his cock pierced and went insane at us for telling him he was bullshiting "YOU NEVER FUCKING BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY WHATS THE POINT IN THIS"

later we received a text saying "aye im joking haha" so there you go.

this reply isnt offensive incase somebody wants to pull it off like it is, its simply the band themselves telling you what is right and wrong.

by the way...... who are you n8r?

Personally i tend to ask people what their problem is because they will slag off the band or myself when their band isnt exactly doing much better just because they play week in week out on a deenfest show(which they get because they are friends with steve and popular so will pull a crowd not because their band is shit hot) doesnt mean they are better than us, also the fact most of the people are adults.

I Hope this isnt in reference to my band? i think you'll find glass wolves havnt played any Deenfest shows, So Far our shows have come from, inkster, glasgow live events, SITL Booking, IBL Touring and booking, Mosh Against Cancer, dhanni G and alliance promotions.

and even if we had,people hearing your music and not hating is hadly somthing to refrain from,

also adding to the shit that gets made up theres a perfect example a few posts above...."paying onto shows at the roxy"

:up:

it was a couple of gigs in New York and L.A. for when we are there in August.

I'll happily give you the whiskys and knitting factorys number if you want to check if we are lying?

I Hope this isnt in reference to my band? i think you'll find glass wolves havnt played any Deenfest shows, So Far our shows have come from, inkster, glasgow live events, SITL Booking, IBL Touring and booking, Mosh Against Cancer, dhanni G and alliance promotions.

and even if we had,people hearing your music and not hating is hadly somthing to refrain from,

:up:

why ":up:" ?

the roxy or paying to play is still not mentioned in any of those quotes.....

if we get gigs at the whisky it will obviously be presale as you need to buy tickets from them to sell. so whats the big deal? we are hardly driving about town with a megaphone ontop of a van shouting FUCK YOU WE MIGHT BE PLAYING L.A. WAYYYYYYYY so you must have the problem with it not us? if you keep banging on about it doesnt that make you sound abit jealous? "jealous why would i be jealous of you little wankers bla bla bla" yeah yeah yeah exactly why would you be.

its something we are doing for ourselves so i cant really see your problem with thinking us going on holiday and playing a few gigs is making us have big egos but whatever you've just turned into one of those people who seems to know more about the band than the band themselves so congratulations:up:

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
we dont run over with a spade and dig their grave

There's a good song lyric write there...

N8r is Nathan from Allstationsdown by the way.

I personally don't know why people give so much of a fuck about Toxic Distortion and other such bands. If you don't like them, don't listen to them, same as you would with any other band you don't like. I wish I had a couple of gigs to play in LA this year - that would be a rather cool holiday...

I personally don't know why people give so much of a fuck about Toxic Distortion and other such bands. If you don't like them, don't listen to them, same as you would with any other band you don't like. I wish I had a couple of gigs to play in LA this year - that would be a rather cool holiday...

I only care about them because they are so horrendously rude to me and my contemporaries.

(Yes, I realse this is petty)

I'm not on anyone's side here, but i do think, the discussion of toxic distortion's activites and how you feel about them should maybe just be left out on these forums.

Why?, its a public forum, dont read the threads.

I think VOJ hasnt come out too badly in this either and has stuck up for his band better than some previous attempts by others

Totally! At the end of the day they were only on here promoting their gig. Oh shit maybe they paid for that too.........? I haven't been around long enough to understand where all this aggro comes from towards TD, but something has definately crawled up Fraser Mac's arse!

Totally! At the end of the day they were only on here promoting their gig. Oh shit maybe they paid for that too.........? I haven't been around long enough to understand where all this aggro comes from towards TD, but something has definately crawled up Fraser Mac's arse!

haha exactly we only wanted to spread the word about the gig, anyone coming?

• 2 weeks later...
I think we should lay off Toxic Distortion for a while...

...and slag off Lady Mercedes instead, who are equally shit.

Your right that has to be the worst line up i have seen for a while, i think id rather eat my ears than listen to either band. Although the fake american tour was quite funny to read about.

Toxic Distortion is a pish name for a band as well although i guess you can get away with that cause your all about 6.