aberdeen-music

Best Bass Heads...

Huw

I don't ever want to own another solid state amp ever. Unless its the GK 800RB, but thats never gonna happen.

Full tube amps are just so much better. Heavy, and expensive to maintain, but they are all the better for it.

You've obviously never owned a marshall AVT or Mg series amplifier :up:

I don't ever want to own another solid state amp ever. Unless its the GK 800RB, but thats never gonna happen.

Full tube amps are just so much better. Heavy, and expensive to maintain, but they are all the better for it.

NEW Gallien Krueger GK 800RB Bass Amp Head w Warnty on eBay, also Bass, Guitar Amplifiers, Guitar, Musical Instruments (end time 22-May-09 20:59:40 BST)

is that a reissue or summat, they seem to have 2!

No thats the one, but you just cannot seem to get them in the UK. Same bass amp that Joe Lally from Fugazi used since the 80's. Stingray>GK 800RB = Beautiful tones.

Every Time I Die's bassist was using the Orange AD200b into an Aguilar 810. It sounded a tiny tiny bit wooly at some points, but it's exactly what I'm looking for. Perfectly gritty and plenty of low end.

i dont think it was an aguilar, im shure he said that it was a regrilled somthing else, ampeg maybe?

you would have to wait for Bowden to say though, i was more a clinger on to the convo,

i dont think it was an aguilar, im shure he said that it was a regrilled somthing else, ampeg maybe?

you would have to wait for Bowden to say though, i was more a clinger on to the convo,

ahh i see. it looked a lot like an aguilar cab, but you're probably right. only ever really see the pros use the aguilar 810s or the ampeg ones. Emporer cabs are meant to be doss aswell.

Nah it was an Aguilar 8x10, he runs 2 Ampeg 8x10's at home. He said he would have regrilled it if it had been a metal grill. Sounded good though and it was the chocolate coloured one, Lovely!

He was a good guy like, talked to him for a good 2 hours in total I think. Explained his set up.

American P-Bass with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders (I think), into MXR Bass DI, then straight into Orange AD200B then out of an Aguilar 810. Sounded exactgly like the bass tone they have on Gutter Phenomenon.

Nah it was an Aguilar 8x10, he runs 2 Ampeg 8x10's at home. He said he would have regrilled it if it had been a metal grill. Sounded good though and it was the chocolate coloured one, Lovely!

He was a good guy like, talked to him for a good 2 hours in total I think. Explained his set up.

American P-Bass with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders (I think), into MXR Bass DI, then straight into Orange AD200B then out of an Aguilar 810. Sounded exactgly like the bass tone they have on Gutter Phenomenon.

I believe Aguilar call it 'Chocolate Thunder'! pah!

So did the AD200 sound good from the stage? I mean taking the FOH out of the equation.

I believe Aguilar call it 'Chocolate Thunder'! pah!

So did the AD200 sound good from the stage? I mean taking the FOH out of the equation.

yeah it sounded great. TBH man, the bass wasn't really coming through the front of house. And whatever was, was a blend of the MXR DI and a mic on the cab.

This thread is all well and good but whats out there for the people living in the real world who are not, and possibly will never be in a position to have to decide between an Ampeg or Messa head....?

Whats good on a tight (I work for Aberdeen City Council) budget?

G...

This thread is all well and good but whats out there for the people living in the real world who are not, and possibly will never be in a position to have to decide between an Ampeg or Messa head....?

G...

The SVT-3 Huw is selling on here for 500.

i reckon that HH VS BAssamp you were talking about earlier punches WELL above it's weight. It ain;'t perfect, but i reckon you could pick one up for a 100 bucks on ebay or something.

I always got a some nice tone out of the Peavey Firebasss 700 too. Cool mid punchy kinda sound. I have heard them sound completely ding though.

Newer and probably more expensive - the Orange Bass Terror. Think it retails at like 450 or something, but i's 500W class D and it's the same size as a tiny terror!

G...

I think encouraging people to work hard and save for a better product at the end of the day rather than a short term "quick-fix", that they will ultimately wast money on and replace anyway, is always a good thing.

Guest droid

G...

s/h Trace Elliot AH250 MK4......:up: