aberdeen-music

Sandi Thom

Bigsby

She isn't. She gave a concert at our school about 2 weeks ago, demanded that we paid to see her perform. No one wanted to so she had to make it free, which considering she used to go here, she should've done in the first place.

She also claimed "I must be the coolest thing to happen to your school in a long time" and went on some shpeel about how she was performing in dedication to the 20 people (she claimed) died from her year since she left.

She also treated her brother, who was the sound guy for the performance, like absolute shit.

And her lyrics are fucking awful.

Classic.

John Barrowman? The actor? no?

Seems he fancies himself as a singer too. In fact, as a scholar of pop I have to be fair and acknowledge the fact that his single "What About Us" (written by Gary Barlow) was a good pop song, sounded a bit like Cliff Richard.

Seems he fancies himself as a singer too. In fact, as a scholar of pop I have to be fair and acknowledge the fact that his single "What About Us" (written by Gary Barlow) was a good pop song, sounded a bit like Cliff Richard.

He was quite a well known musical performer before his stint in Doctor Who actually. He's been performing on stage (various West End Productions) for quite a while it seems. First time i saw him in anything it was a film with heavy musical leanings (De-Lovely- He did a duet with Kevin Kline) and then in The Producers.

Looking on Wikipedia he's actually had quite a few albums out.

Sandi Thom's column in yesterday's Evening Express was about MP's expenses.

Why does someone at the Evening Express think that I give a fuck what Sandi Thom thinks about MP's expenses?

Here's an exclusive extract, © 2009 Aberdeen Journals

I fink it's terrable that nasty boys are beeing meen about my pal Alex. He is a good man and always gives me sum poket munny for singing my song about prawn crakers at his important govement partees.
  • Upvote 2

Sandi Thom's column in yesterday's Evening Express was about MP's expenses.

Why does someone at the Evening Express think that I give a fuck what Sandi Thom thinks about MP's expenses?

There's an irony to her column considering the reason for Bigsby initial post on the horse-warbler & the 10 grand the SNP have given her.

There's an irony to her column considering the reason for Bigsby initial post on the horse-warbler & the 10 grand the SNP have given her.

Well pointed out. Here's her shite column, should you wish to peruse it.

Sandi Thom: Search for Holy Grail of politics - Evening Express

MPs should remember that we pay their wages

Published: 13/05/2009

WELL folks, another sterling week in British politics wouldnt you say?

Where does one start?

We really need to remind the MPs that they work for US and we pay their wages and expenses.

• 3 months later...
Seems she's reduced to support slots at The Lemon Tree now, albeit for The "New" Beautiful South. Wonder what the "new"'s all about?

THE LEMON TREE LOUNGE : Productions : The New Beautiful South with Sandi Thom

It's the band reformed without the songwriters and frontpeople that made them successful in the first place. A more appropriate name would be The Shit Beautiful South. Or maybe just The Beautiful Shit.

Though some would argue they could have been called that at any point in their career.

To be fair, Dave Hemingway's still in the band. You were just as likely to hear his voice as Heaton's on Housemartins and BS tracks. Still, it's not the same.

Possibly, but ask anyone who the singer was in the Beautiful South and they'll say Heaton, and probably Jacqui Abbot, who's not doing it either. This is the new girl who came in really toward the end of the original South. The songs were all written by Heaton and Dave Rotheray the guitarist, who's not in the new version either.

I hate it when old bands reform without the original members...:popcorn:

To be fair, Dave Hemingway's still in the band. You were just as likely to hear his voice as Heaton's on Housemartins and BS tracks. Still, it's not the same.

Not quite as likely on Housemartins, he only came in for the second album. And I still think Heaton has the much more recognisable voice and that most people would consider the BS to be "his" band.

That being said we went to see Paul Heaton on his last tour and he refused to play any Beautiful South or housemartins stuff, and he only had a couple of albums worth of solo stuff so ended up doing one song twice, what a disappointment having seen the real Beautiful South just before they split and enjoying them much more.