aberdeen-music

Springsteen headlining Glastonbury 09

Lemonade

• 3 months later...

The Boss is ace, and was pretty decent on the BBC coverage yesterday. Very cringeworthy seeing him come out and play on a Gaslight Anthem song though. Like a tribute band being confronted by their maker. Totally surreal, but also quite hilarious that he hadn't even bothered to learn the words. The wrong words were very audible in the mix.

The Boss is ace, and was pretty decent on the BBC coverage yesterday. Very cringeworthy seeing him come out and play on a Gaslight Anthem song though. Like a tribute band being confronted by their maker. Totally surreal, but also quite hilarious that he hadn't even bothered to learn the words. The wrong words were very audible in the mix.

The Gaslight Anthem are a musical abortion.

The first album was alright, as it was just average, gravelly 3 chord pop punk. The latest record makes me cringe. Singing about diners and muscle-cars like he was alive and well in the 50's. Not only has he stolen Bruce's voice, but also the names of the places and the names of women he sang about 30 years ago. Oh, and the cunts a fucking god bothering twunt too. When asked by Rock Sound "What is your most valuable possession to take on tour" - "The bible". Guy's a fucking nut.

And now I just found out the Gaslight chap got to go out on the main stage and sing No Surrender with the Boss. Fuck right off.

The first album was alright, as it was just average, gravelly 3 chord pop punk. The latest record makes me cringe. Singing about diners and muscle-cars like he was alive and well in the 50's. Not only has he stolen Bruce's voice, but also the names of the places and the names of women he sang about 30 years ago. Oh, and the cunts a fucking god bothering twunt too. When asked by Rock Sound "What is your most valuable possession to take on tour" - "The bible". Guy's a fucking nut.

And now I just found out the Gaslight chap got to go out on the main stage and sing No Surrender with the Boss. Fuck right off.

so he takes the bible on tour with him....and; it doesn't mean he's a total nutter.

If he'd said 'the koran' would you have called him a crazy islamist nutter? No.

You asked a question and answered it for me. Brilliant, and what a time saver. I forgot to mention that I was most certainly being deadly serious.

More realistically, I just can't stand the guy, and him being a God botherer got caught in the thick of it. That was only a tiny segment of the interview, in which he continued to go off on one about Christianity. Can't be doing with any of that.

• 2 weeks later...