aberdeen-music

Distortion pedals

Kaizen

vega on these boards has a purple vintage modern head and an orange cab... BOKE!

sounds mint though.

Quoted for the truth. :O

By way of advice, the the last thing you want to do is settle for a cheaper product, it really is worth going a wee bit further with regards saving up, where possible. I caved and bought a Marshall AVT, thinking it would be good. It really wasn't. This caused hassle trying to sell it on, and in the end I had to trade against something (losing a fair bit). If I had been a bit more patient and saved a bit longer, I'd have had a better amp.

The folk on here know what they're talking about and it's well worth your time going back through previous threads about amps and the like. :)

• Upvote 1

Just out of interest, is a tubescremer pretty much an all round yes from everyone? Seem like decent value for money and everyone seems to be raving about them.

x

Not decent value to begin... they are more like icing on the cake.

If the cake ain't great, it's not worth icing it. If the cake is good... why not make it that little bit extra. With pretty expensive icing.

You can tell I'm fucking starving.

(I'd save the money and put it towards the amp)

Quoted for the truth. :O

By way of advice, the the last thing you want to do is settle for a cheaper product, it really is worth going a wee bit further with regards saving up, where possible. I caved and bought a Marshall AVT, thinking it would be good. It really wasn't. This caused hassle trying to sell it on, and in the end I had to trade against something (losing a fair bit). If I had been a bit more patient and saved a bit longer, I'd have had a better amp.

The folk on here know what they're talking about and it's well worth your time going back through previous threads about amps and the like. :)

couldn't agree 100 times more. if you can do, take more time and save for a better product. if you do your research, hunt down a good deal then its worth it than making a quick buy of a product you could end up being disappointed with. Think how happy in the long run you will be with something that has a killer sound and you took a bit more effort to save for.

Like Vega said, He had hassle trying to sell on something he caved in on instead of taking more time and lost money on it.

keep browsing or calling the shops on the net like GuitarGuitar.co.uk and gak and so on. they get a lot of second hand amps in that they wont advertise on the net at times.

I second the idea of going for a good all-rounder to start with, rather than blowing your cash on shit. Selling a pap amp is much harder than saving your beans for a couple of extra months, even if that's not what you want to hear.

If you've got an amp that can be heard over the drums at the moment, probably best stick with it.

Not specificly for rhythm guitar but I was impressed by the Boss Blues Driver when I tried it out. I was in a music shop, interested in a Tubescreamer and the guy in the shop suggested trying out a Boss Blues Driver/Compression Sustainer combination. Tried out most of the other Boss Pedals also but wasn't nearly as imprepssed as these pedals. The Comprepssion sustainer sucks the life out of the sound unless you back of the attack and release times seriously but can make things a lot smoother and thicker sounding. Apparently there are modded blues driver you can get with more options also.