aberdeen-music

Onion Terror

Paulscoconutass

We've been arseing around for about 2 years now and over the course of the summer, i intend to write and hopefuly record about 6-7 proper tracks; but before i get into all this jazz i wouldn't mind hearing what people think we should work on, what our strong points are and the weaknesses that we need to sort out.

I know it's not ideal that ther's only live performances to work on, but if i could get peoples thoughts, that'd be cool.

I think lvie performances are good enough all sometimes dont think there is enough energy put into them. Onion terror have the whole entertainment down packed. The songs are catchy and very varied which is a good thing. So yeah just more energy into the performances.

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

like a mascot...who can't take his ginger ale!

but seriously...after having only seen you guys the once, i can't make a proper assessment of your stuff...just don't go all 'boring' though!

im hoping i showed the love effectivly on thursday night! first time i have properly got the skanking and moshing down in very close proximity to each other:rockon:

i think more crowd participation may be needed, most people were standing still, bar 2 mad unnamed people at the back who appeared near the end of the set, crazy swines!:jester:

but ill be running to give you my money sir paul when you have this down on a shiney looking frisbee thing

:cheers: and what a nice guy paul is a pint for a pound!

I saw Onion Terror last week at Moshulu and thought you were the most god-awful band I had to have the misfortune of sitting through.

Cheers for the constructive criticism, your post has been the single most influential piece of literature that has helped us cover up our weaknesses and improve our sound.....

A list of things you didnt like or things we could have done better to impress you (without turning into industrial metal) would have been more sufficient.

Just rehearse

I saw you in Drummonds and to be frank,the guitar was nae bad,but for fucks sake ,REHEARSE and get tight before you rob me of an entrance fee again,you have potential,but let's not forget that a gig is supposed to be about entertaining folk with music,NOT about showing off by eating and throwing Onions.

Tar carried it off very nicely with donuts,but then again they COULD PLAY very well.

CARRY ON THE GOOD WORK THOUGH,just remember it's all about MUSIC.

Cheers for the constructive criticism' date=' your post has been the single most influential piece of literature that has helped us cover up our weaknesses and improve our sound.....

A list of things you didnt like or things we could have done better to impress you (without turning into industrial metal) would have been more sufficient.[/quote']

I dont see what industrial metal has to do with it at all(considering I dont even listen to industrial music).

I saw you asa joke band. All the gimmicks etc etc work if the music is good. But when a band goes up and does all that without actually being able to play a decent tune, its just annoying. All i can remember, is the music seemed unrehearsed and uninspired. Like you didn't acctually have the first clue about how to write a song.

I remember there was one riff I liked, it was kinda like a surfy guitar. But then it changed and turned into a horrendously bad song.

Constructive Criticism is gay.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...