aberdeen-music

nh

Edgar Graham

A record show up of SIX runners on Tuesday o_O really could have made it our game...they didnt do the league game due to the small amount so we did a 50 buy in winnner takes all instead....easiest game Ive taken down

I don't know if the 40 deepstack (100BB) tourney at the G on a tuesday now is taking everyone away...

Had a horrific run last night at a first-Friday-after-payday-50 in-winner take all game with two bad beats, getting the bullets whilst short stacked up against two fives (flop = 10 A 8, all off suit, turn = 5, river = 5) and getting fucked over on the river again......

Only highlight of my week was finally winning a hand with A9 in the league game on Thursday night, haha......

Running 5s is a sore one. Aces getting cracked on the river is standard. Noone likes a badbeat story, unless it's a real bad one. You really shouldn't mind getting cracked too much, as you continually get your money in good. That's the target; you can't control the cards. Hence why live tourneys suck: online, you can just focus on the other dozen youre playing.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick heads up (arf!) for you lot about a freezeout tourney down at the Royal in Stoney coming up: it's on Sunday 6th June, 3pm kick-off, 10 deposit for your buy in (you also get one free re-buy/add-on after an hour, 20 min blinds), capped to 25 places with 125/75/50 payout.

Anyone who fancies it can fire me a PM and I'll clue you in.

:up:

• 1 month later...

My flatmate is one of the managers at the G, and he had heard about this a few days back....can't go into the deets but they had apparently been flouting some laws.

Och well.

I'm back to playing full-time now, as I've left uni. Might have to get a job, one of these days. Don't much like that prospect.