aberdeen-music

nh

Edgar Graham

Last night's donkey league game is up there with the sickest shit I have seen in a long time. Here is a sample for the maths-heads:

KK (his royal Plinth-ness) vs TT (me) vs 85 (donk)

Flop: T62

Who ends up winning?

Turn K river K. Purely because the way you've phrased it makes it sound like the 85 wins.

Turn K river K. Purely because the way you've phrased it makes it sound like the 85 wins.

Nah. Bags had the right idea, turn came down a 4 and as soon as I saw that I said 'here comes the fucking seven'. I was right. It was one of those horrible tables with coolers every 3 hands and people having quads/houses/flushes etc. all the time. Had to bin JJ twice, AK twice (all four folds turned out to be correct) or I'd have gone out before then. Gargh.

There's another Sunday mega-monthly at the end of January BTW.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this up - last night I enjoyed my first 'variant' game of the charmingly titled Cunt Limit Hold Em. Play is exactly the same as standard Texas NLH, except holding the queen of spades automatically gives you the best hand over everything. If it comes out on the community cards, the hand is dead and chopped up between everyone still in at that point. After a couple of goes, I reckon there's a couple of good things to it - 1) in the early stages of 8/9 handed play when things tend to be more conservative and restrained, there's a better chance of it being dealt, hence it encourages more open play/bluffing/etc, and 2) in the later stages of play when it becomes less about cards and more about your stack, it is much less likely to come up and makes shoveplay much more scary.

I'm sure Christy and the like will pick holes in the format, but I quite enjoyed it....

• 9 months later...