aberdeen-music

mogwai tour off

Steven Milne

US/Canada dates cancelled

We are sad to announce that we have had to cancel our remaining American and Canadian shows due to ill health. Our other dates in Europe and Japan will be going ahead as planned. We will re-schedule the shows in 2009.

Martin explains what happened:

I was taken into hospital last night almost immediately after the show at ATP. I've been having some problems with my pacemaker for the duration of the tour and it unfortunately culminated in me being sent to the emergency room. The doctors there initially thought i would have to have corrective surgery at a larger hospital nearer NYC but i have been given the all clear to travel home on the understanding that i go straight to my cardiologist on arrival back in Scotland.

Tbh, i'm really bummed about having to go home and feel for the folk who had bought tickets for our upcoming shows but i can honestly say it would be almost impossible for me to carry on at this point as my pacemaker has broken skin and the surrounding area has become infected.

Mogwai

Mogwai - Home

• 4 weeks later...

So has anyone heard anything other than the show on tuesday is going ahead as normal? Looking to sort out our travel and accomodation today, so it'd be ace to know if the gig is definitely going ahead. Still remember getting to Glasgow for the ABC show to find out the gig was off... what made it worse was Scotland drawing with Belarus (?) 0-0 the same night.

Hines? You'll be in the know if it's on :love:

So has anyone heard anything other than the show on tuesday is going ahead as normal? Looking to sort out our travel and accomodation today, so it'd be ace to know if the gig is definitely going ahead. Still remember getting to Glasgow for the ABC show to find out the gig was off... what made it worse was Scotland drawing with Belarus (?) 0-0 the same night.

Hines? You'll be in the know if it's on :love:

They're definitely still on.