aberdeen-music

Fat Hippy Sampler Vol III Launch Night

Surfer_Rosa

Now now Ryan, that's not very nice, is it?

You've been talking about coming to see us for ages....perfick opportunity. You get to see the mighty Prais, as well as seeing if The Marionettes can make you eat your words. And, as if that's not enough, if you arrive early enough you'll get a free copy of the CD, complete with 'The Boy Always Doing Wrong', a brand new Prais song. Huzzah! And many more splendid songs, I'm sure

Love from Christy x

Christy that isn't us! He's on about some gash glam rock band called "Marionette", they existed in the 80's..........and he's quite right to say they are dreadful. But if anyone fancies checking out MySpace.com - The Marionettes - Aberdeen, UK - Alternative / Indie / Melodramatic Popular Song - www.myspace.com/themarionettes criticism can then be accepted!.

Serves me right for skipping straight to Elwood's message....any excuse for me to have a pop at me ol' mucker ;-)

I didnae click on the link. Fortunately, by all accounts. But I have seen The Marionettes twice and I enjoyed them thoroughly, all the more reason for everybody to get their Drummonds on this Saturday. And it's Eric's last weekend as honcho, so you should all pop down and get the man a drink.

Good save?

Love from Christy x

Now now Ryan, that's not very nice, is it?

You've been talking about coming to see us for ages....perfick opportunity. You get to see the mighty Prais, as well as seeing if The Marionettes can make you eat your words. And, as if that's not enough, if you arrive early enough you'll get a free copy of the CD, complete with 'The Boy Always Doing Wrong', a brand new Prais song. Huzzah! And many more splendid songs, I'm sure

Love from Christy x

Sorry chief, I'm outta town this weekend, going back up to the motherland to watch Fraserburgh vs Hawick Royal Albert (who?) in the first round of the Scottish Cup. I WILL come to one soon I promise!

Sorry chief, I'm outta town this weekend, going back up to the motherland to watch Fraserburgh vs Hawick Royal Albert (who?) in the first round of the Scottish Cup. I WILL come to one soon I promise!

Go on then, I'll let you off. Though I stop short of supporting the Broch for you....urgh. We're gold, we're black, we're jumpin on yer back, we're Huntly, we're Huntly!

Love from Christy x

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
haha christ no we're nothing like them!!
We can only dream of having song titles like "Getting Sticky (Over The Girl Next Door)"

Hey, I just actually heard you guys for the first time today, on the Exile Volume 1 CD, I liked your track "138" so much that I was compelled to dig this thread back up to find out who is in the Marionettes, so I could tell you how much I liked it. Top notch tuneage :up:

LR

Hey, I just actually heard you guys for the first time today, on the Exile Volume 1 CD, I liked your track "138" so much that I was compelled to dig this thread back up to find out who is in the Marionettes, so I could tell you how much I liked it. Top notch tuneage :up:

LR

Thank you very much. Should have our new tracks that we've just done with Mark up on the internet soon!