aberdeen-music

Idlewild at King Tuts

Jeanette

Could be interesting! :)

"Idlewild are pleased to announce they are playing 5 nights at King Tuts in Glasgow in December featuring an album a night as follows:

December 2008

Wed 17th: 'Hope Is Important' and Others

Thurs 18th: '100 Broken Windows'

Fri 19th: 'The Remote Part'

Sat 20th: 'Warnings/Promises' and Acoustic set

Sun 21st: 'Captain' and 'Make Another World'.

250 tickets per night are priced 15 or you can buy one of 50 wristbands/tickets for all 5 nights for 50!

Tickets on sale from 9:30am on Monday 15th September.

Gigs in Scotland - music events festivals tickets / www.kingtuts.co.uk"

I don't think I'd be able to choose between the Wednesday and Friday- far too tough.

This is a cool idea though- I wish more bands would do this sort of thing.

Man, quite a few bands have done this sort of thing.

Biffy Clyro did it at Tuts about 14 months ago, Sparks are doing it down in London, there are more but I can't think right now.

Plus not many bands have 4-5+ albums to make a long stint at a venue from.

Man, quite a few bands have done this sort of thing.

Biffy Clyro did it at Tuts about 14 months ago, Sparks are doing it down in London, there are more but I can't think right now.

Plus not many bands have 4-5+ albums to make a long stint at a venue from.

Biffy was one of the bands I had in mind when I said that- what album(s) did they do?

That would have been great to catch. I can imagine the majority of the material they have won't be getting played live again in the near future...

That seems to be the general consensus, however, when I saw them at the music hall, there was (roughly) 18 songs played, 6 of them from the new album, the rest from back when Biffy were good.

Anyone reckon with the old school set, might come old school style performances?

i.e instead of Woomble crooning his way through songs (not a bad thing) he might just go all out like he did when he was a teen, jumping into the crowd, comning off stage 30 minutes early through massive blood loss etc?