aberdeen-music

Bobo Balde

Lemonade

What do we think? Is he quite within his rights to sit out the remainder of his contract without getting a game? After all Celtic did sign him up to that contract and they can't break it just cos they feel like it.

Or, is he a money grabbing cunt with no ambition, who really ought to do the right thing and accept the pay-off to free up the wage bill and let the club progress?

I think he's quite right to sit it out and take the cash, but it must be frustrating for the fans. The could have 2 or 3 more players in the team if they could get him off the wage bill. I don't see why wee Gordon doesn't play him though, he's a good, solid defender, probably better than Gary Caldwell anyway.

What do we think? Is he quite within his rights to sit out the remainder of his contract without getting a game? After all Celtic did sign him up to that contract and they can't break it just cos they feel like it.

Or, is he a money grabbing cunt with no ambition, who really ought to do the right thing and accept the pay-off to free up the wage bill and let the club progress?

I think he's quite right to sit it out and take the cash, but it must be frustrating for the fans. The could have 2 or 3 more players in the team if they could get him off the wage bill. I don't see why wee Gordon doesn't play him though, he's a good, solid defender, probably better than Gary Caldwell anyway.

He IS a money-grabbing cunt, but seeing as it's Celtic's money he's grabbing and it's costing them 30 large a week - he's okay by me :up:

I think it's all a bit ridiculous - was he not offered a 2 year deal with B'ham on more wages... which, if it's about the money, would mean he would get more than staying at Celtic for another year on less money?!

He gets a loyalty bonus if he's sees out his contract with Celtic, somewhere around a million quid I think. So if he fucks off to Birmingham with a year to go then he loses out on that money.

players are money grabbers but you would be too if you knew that your career was over at 35 with no certain career path once your time in the game is finished (most enter professional/semi professional footy at 16/17, and leave with not much experience other than playing football full time for the last 20 years)

It is worth bearing in mind that most players have a good lifestyle and a 4 piece family to keep afloat on a more realistic/normal salary for the next 20-30 years

Good luck to him I say, the real villain here is Martin O'Neil who gave hime the ridiculous contract in the first place.

Of course you're not allowed to slag O'Neil because he got Celtic into the last 16 of the Champions League (twice) and won the league three times in a row. Oh no, wait, he didn't, that was Strachan, who is crap.

Of course you're not allowed to slag O'Neil because he got Celtic into the last 16 of the Champions League (twice) and won the league three times in a row. Oh no, wait, he didn't, that was Strachan, who is crap.

I like the cut of your jib young man. I can't give you any positive feedback because apparently I already did that 2 days ago, so consider this a hearty slap on the back.

Good luck to him I say, the real villain here is Martin O'Neil who gave hime the ridiculous contract in the first place.

I wont have a bad word said against Martin O'Neill. He transformed a very poor Celtic side into one that could easily gub any Scottish team and hold their own (at home) against any team in Europe.He made Didier Agathe and Bobby Petta look like good players!

As for him giving Bobo the good contract, at the time he deserved as he was playing so well. Who would have thought he would forget how to be a good defender...

As for him giving Bobo the good contract, at the time he deserved as he was playing so well.

My arse, yes he was a decent player but no way did he deserve to get a five year contract or whatever it is at 25 grand a week, it's hardly like Man United and Barcelona were queueing up to sign him (like they were with Amoruso, lol).

Yes, Agathe was a good bit of business on his part, but it no way absolves him of the huge mistake he made with Balde, a mistake that Celtic are still paying for. But again, you display the blinkered view of the Celtic fan that

O'Neil=God

Strachan=Pederast

Oh, and that's before you even look at the cash that O'Neil had available to him (5m+ on each of Lennon, Sutton and Hartson), plus Larsson already in the squad.

Guest idol_wild

I'm not convinced it would have been O'Neill directly who offered Balde his contract terms. It was probably someone in a slightly more executive role.

Either way, Balde performed solidly under O'Neill and was probably, in relative terms, worth the contract at the time.

I won't have a bad word said about Martin O'Neill - I think he's a class act.

I'm not convinced it would have been O'Neill directly who offered Balde his contract terms. It was probably someone in a slightly more executive role.

Either way, Balde performed solidly under O'Neill and was probably, in relative terms, worth the contract at the time.

I won't have a bad word said about Martin O'Neill - I think he's a class act.

i heard he thinks you're a cunt though. shame.

• Upvote 3