aberdeen-music

positive / negative

lepeep

Would there be a chance of putting a button that counts "positive / negative" responses (nothing to do with rep points)...

and have the overall "vibe" of the thread shown in the main menu?

stupid, and pointless....but It'd be interestign to see how we "generally" reply to threads...

It might disprove that we're all a bit negative and miserable, and would rather post something negative and damning instead of have something good to say.........or not.....

ho ho.

blah.

'thread rating'?

Yeah, I was going to mention this as well. Can someone please give me an example of what they are talking about here? We already have the thread rating system to give an "overall" rating of the quality of a thread.

I'd see it as a tally of "positive / negative" (no scores or sliding scales).

it's obviously subjective too - one person could think that a damning, harsh crit, is "positive"...

then, you'd see a wee smiley / sad face (!) at the side of the thread.

I just wanted to see if the place would flood with sad faces! - I've just been reading so many "first replies" to threads that are put downs, one liners "that's crap" etc...

as I'd said, pointless but might be interesting....if you are sad....like me....

I don't know if anyone from here ever goes on Yahoo Answers but they have little thumbs up and down icons next to the posts.

You click on whichever one you think and it gives a running total at the edge of the post.

Is that the kind of thing you mean?

If it is, then the whole thing is completely pointless and potentially damaging. Pointless because there's the thread rating system which is incidentally more accurate even if people could be arsed using it, and damaging because people should be forced to make their own minds about threads through reading posts without seeing a dumb majority vote before they've even bothered opening the thing.

If it is, then the whole thing is completely pointless and potentially damaging. Pointless because there's the thread rating system which is incidentally more accurate even if people could be arsed using it, and damaging because people should be forced to make their own minds about threads through reading posts without seeing a dumb majority vote before they've even bothered opening the thing.

I've never used the thread rating, so I'd probably start using it...

but, as we all agree, pretty pointless anyway.

sorry for starting a pointless thread, I'll get back to posting something about a fart, or a funny kitten with a hat.