aberdeen-music

They're getting younger in Torry..

waltz

Typical Evening Express/P&J shock reporting.

I use to work for them and they are just so desperate to sell papers anything goes.

Funnily enough i remember a day when they sent me out checking up on Newsagents in Torry and standing outside was a guy and what i presumed was his 6 or 7 year old son.

The dad goes into his pocket and takes out his fags and hands the son one as well and they start puffing away.

I was a little shocked at that. That was over 12 years ago.

Seeing as how much sensationalist bullshit the media print and show on TV now that wouldn't shock me anymore. Society needs extremes like these because thanks to the information age we are so immersed in news and facts from morning til night it has to be something extraordinary for the public to give a shit.

Councillor Donnelly said: Hes out of control.

I can imagine it from teenagers but at seven years old its just not on. Something has to be done.

Something like going to the press? That Councillor is a self-serving useless prick. I think it's shameful that he has done this - obviously there are severe social issues with the family here that need serious attention, and getting the leeches of the press on the case is not doing anyone any good.

"Torry residents were today stunned at the reports."

Going by the article the neighbours who were affected were already working with the Police, so what good does it do outraging the residents who weren't even aware of the problem?

This is an unusual case and the last thing that kid needs is to be vilified by the press and most likely now by the whole area. He's not a criminal, maybe the family are, but there are better ways to deal with it than this.

"It was understood council officials, police and social workers were to hold an emergency meeting about the youngster this week."

By the sounds of it 'something' was being done, until this Councillor jumped in to get his name in the papers.

And I'd say Torry is far from being the worst area - there are far more problems with kids in Garthdee, Northfield, Seaton etc etc.

I can imagine it from teenagers but at seven years old its just not on. Something has to be done.

Something like going to the press? That Councillor is a self-serving useless prick. I think it's shameful that he has done this - obviously there are severe social issues with the family here that need serious attention, and getting the leeches of the press on the case is not doing anyone any good.

By the sounds of it 'something' was being done, until this Councillor jumped in to get his name in the papers.

Yes, you would have thought he would have learned his lesson as far as the press goes:

Articles | Scottish Media Monitor | Examining the treatment of sexuality in the Scottish media

(3rd paragraph down)

• 1 month later...

"Torry residents were today stunned at the reports."

Going by the article the neighbours who were affected were already working with the Police, so what good does it do outraging the residents who weren't even aware of the problem?

This is an unusual case and the last thing that kid needs is to be vilified by the press and most likely now by the whole area. He's not a criminal, maybe the family are, but there are better ways to deal with it than this.

"It was understood council officials, police and social workers were to hold an emergency meeting about the youngster this week."

And I'd say Torry is far from being the worst area - there are far more problems with kids in Garthdee, Northfield, Seaton etc etc.

Aaannnnddd... said councillor now under investigation for an alleged theft.

City councillor reported over alleged airport theft - Press & Journal

Aaannnnddd... said councillor now under investigation for an alleged theft.

City councillor reported over alleged airport theft - Press & Journal

My pal works at the airport and told me about this about an hour after it happened as I chanced upon him whilst picking someone up. I could've bagged that scoop!

Apparently he took them off a table for confiscated items then wandered back into the no-liquid zone. I couldn't see any realistic problem, but airport security is rather tight these days.