aberdeen-music

tunnels desk?

jamesbroonbreed

thanks for your help. after I stop pissing myself laughing I shall go to the behringer website and see if it has direct outs or not.

thanks again... haha

i think its a pretty decent desk- i'm nae to techy but what i can say is that the sound folk are cool- i played there a while ago and the duo i was in wanted to plug a four track into the di box and they did it so, i reckon whatever you want they will be able to accomodate.

stripeys only pissed because the last time he played there they did'nt have a post fader bus to apply fellatio to his ego channel.

e-mail the venue.

• Upvote 2

stripeys only pissed because the last time he played there they did'nt have a post fader bus to apply fellatio to his ego channel.

Nah, actually I dislike the tunnels because of the ignorant, incompetent, amateurish twats that run the place. I would never advise anyone to book that venue.

IIRC the GL series have phono outs on the main mix. Been a while since I've had the (dis) pleasure of using a 3300 though.

Terrible room to get a desk mix from, most backline has to be removed from the mix cos it's a Tunnel.

EDIT: A quick trip over to the Allen&Grief webshite should clear it up.

Edit2: Not the sound though.

ill be using the direct outs to record so hopefully that will minimise any hassle of a crap room.

You're going to be multi-tracking?

Normally not a problem but iirc the GL series has direct outs set up very indirectly, i.e. post insert, post EQ, post fade=useless

Have a squatch at the manual, I really can't be arsed myself.

Since anything is better than decorating my hall:

From GL3300 manual:

"DIRECT OUT taps the signal off post fader for connection to external processing

or recording equipment. This is ideal (edit: no it's not, it's the worst option) for multitrack recording during live

performance as each channel can be recorded onto a separate track for mixdown

later. The direct out signal can be set pre-fader if the internal link option is changed.

Refer to the Internal Link Options section in this user guide."

The problem being that it's post-fade. The normal reaction of a live sound engineer to something being too loud FOH is to turn the fader down. This will result in NO multi-track signal if they turn it all the way down.

In this situation the correct course of action is to switch the channel out of the mix buss if it's not needed FOH(a common occurrence in the Tunnels).

Just make sure the engineer is aware of this and you should be OK but tbh I wouldn't need to take my shoes and socks off to accurately count the amount of times I've had to supply direct outs from the desk in the past 18 years so don't be surprised if they take a few minutes to get their head round it.

You're still going to get channel levels going up and down, EQing affecting the signal etc but at least it should all be there in one form or another.