aberdeen-music

Converge!

medichi

shame its in ivory blacks, which could possibly be one of the worst venues ever

I never listened to much converge but I fucking love no heroes

Boo to the venue - whats wrong with it?

No Heroes is your favourite? I was listening to it today, and its GOOD, but there are better. Jane Doe is obviously a classic, and PTES and WFCC are awesome.

I think You Fail Me is massively underrated.

Ach, they're all ace!

Boo to the venue - whats wrong with it?

No Heroes is your favourite? I was listening to it today, and its GOOD, but there are better. Jane Doe is obviously a classic, and PTES and WFCC are awesome.

I think You Fail Me is massively underrated.

Ach, they're all ace!

No Heroes is very good, but really doesn't stand out to me like Jane Doe does. I'm still not over the fact Kurt Ballou plays through a metal zone.

I'm going to try my damnedest to make it down, as i had a ticket last year, but i fell ill on the day... even it is just to see the pit in the broken vow with all the fist pumping and such-like. From what i've heard they are the best live band ever.

On the Converge topic, does anyone know what Kurt actually does with his guitar at the start of concubine?

• 4 months later...

Yes, Ivory Blacks is in Glasgow. It recently had a re-fit and Simon who use to book at the Barfly is now booking there. I don't know if this has stopped it being so shit.

Go under Central Station bridge and take your first left just by the 'Collage Corner Bar' (or something like that) which is part of the SAS Radisson hotel. It's also just down the hill from the Solid Rock Cafe.

Hope that helps.

Playing "Petitioning The Empty Sky" today. Very excited!

i got it through the other day... i never realised how much of a Slayer influence Converge had in their early days. that, and 'when forever comes crashing' is chocka with Slayer-esque riffs.

Guest treader.

i dont like converge at all. in the slightest. but the dvd shows them playing some cool basement shows and stuff. looks fun. just...not a good band.

• 8 months later...