aberdeen-music

New Katerwaul Tracks Uploaded

Tim BENCH

We've uploded a couple more tracks from our Album for people to listen to here; MySpace.com - Katerwaul - Aberdeen, UK - Alternative / Ambient / Progressive - www.myspace.com/katerwaulmusic

The CD is still available in 1UP for those who want a copy. Cheers and let us know what you think. Don't be scared to start a war by slagging it off. All feedback is much appreciated.

Guest bluesxman

I got a copy of the album a while back. Overall I think it's a good effort, and I ultimately enjoyed it. If I may offer some slight criticism, although the songs are good with some nice textures and guitar work, I thought there could have been some editing down, I realise the aim was probably 'epic', but personally I found myself becoming bored as the tracks became quite repetitive after a while. I would also have preferred a more varied mixture of song pacing, it is a bit relentlessly downbeat, when I saw you live some time back there were some nice faster paced songs.

But it's a handsome package and certainly one of the best local releases I've heard, my score = 7/10.

Thank you very much. 7/10 is an awesome score. When we recorded the Album it was all live recordings so editing stuff down would have been hard. But we totally understand what you're saying about the repetitive nature of the songs. Believe me it is something we are working on. How to still keep the music progressive with build up without boring people to death with its repetitiveness. I'm sure a lot of post-rock bands have this problem.

Keep the constructive criticism coming it much valued. We're gonna start recording again within the next few months so its good to hear what you think we can improve on.

rad tunes, deserving of a bump

i can't think of any constructive criticisms to post right now on account of having been up for like a day and a half or something

i will use this opportunity to say the book that came with the katerwaul cd smells fucking amazing and is worth the retail price in itself

looking forward to thursday night, yeah!

It does. Until I put it in with the rest of my CDs and the attention seeking bastard decimates the symmetry and keeps me awake for days, just staring at it, trying to bend my retinas into such a shape as to offset for the catastrophic damage wrought by your mutant packaging.

I still love it :)