aberdeen-music

Celler 35

Gemz

Hello,

Looking for bands/promoters to do nights at Celler 35. The place is free to hire. Just got a new 16 channel mixing desk, speakers, mics etc. There is also a drum kit available to hire for a small fee.

Celler 35 has a capacity of 80 so is perfect for up close an personal gigs.

Also looking for promotors and bands outwith aberdeen...priority being givin to bands that can offer gig swaps.

Bands will get paid by what comes in at the door and if Celler 35 does well behind the bar you will also get a cut of that. Same goes for promoters.

Cheers

8-)

my friends have booked cellar 35 out for two private functions now(nothing special just fancied a party) and it's been great both times. friendly bar staff and a great wee pub in the centre of town. it's like having your own pub for the night plus you can hire cd decks from atmosphere lighting and sound for 40 so we all took turns djing as well. good times indeed.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Has the PA situation been sorted out then? When we turned up on the 21st we were told that there wasn't a PA available, even though we had been assured a couple days beforehand there would be one, meaning that at 6pm we had to hire a system, which was neither easy nor cheap on the last Friday before Christmas...

Has the PA situation been sorted out then? When we turned up on the 21st we were told that there wasn't a PA available, even though we had been assured a couple days beforehand there would be one, meaning that at 6pm we had to hire a system, which was neither easy nor cheap on the last Friday before Christmas...

I didnt even hear about this...wow...

The new PA is there now...its getting set up tomorrow for the open mic tomorrow night! Strange though coz there has always been a PA there. Maybe the girl that owned it took it away.

God knows...can assure you it wont happen again though.

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN HIRING THE PLACE OR PLAYING THEN EMAIL ME merkinmusic@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers

Gemma

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

any use?

local duo

looking to play gig

no real money as such to hire out the place but could play a gig there?

MySpace.com - Taping Hands to Faces - Aberdeen, UK - Alternative / Experimental / Folk Rock - www.myspace.com/tapinghandstofaces

just message me on there or via here if you'd like us to play

free anytime between february the 27th and april the 30th

cheers

Craig

To be honest i am tryin to back away from it now...

The last night i am doing is this Saturday with Dirty Deeds, Static In The City an Kalamazoo...the only reason i am doing this night is because i wanted to see forfar band Kalamazoo...there really good so check them out if you can...

Been doing C35 for 5 months now an not had a penny...time to start concentratin on being a wife an a mum an my full time job. Its a fair amount of work goes into it espeicially once you get limited to what kinda bands you can put on etc...

Dave has been doing alot of the bookings now too hence The Bash Street Kids/Supranos playing every month...

Not the way i was wantin to go with it...i was seeing more of a Dr Drakes 1 & 2 kinda place but hes boss...

If you want a gig or you want to hire the place i say get in touch with Dave himself...it really is a good venue with loads of potential...

I did my first open mic night there last week an it went really well...

Peace

8-)

No no its cool,

Anythin that been booked through me is the same as normal. Im still doing it but just not as religiously as before as Dave is managing to find bands himself.

I will probably still put on the odd night as its been really succesfull with the gig swap milarky.

Local bands have played out of aberdeen 5 weeks in a row so happy days...

8-)