aberdeen-music

1976 Fender Twin Reverb - As NEW.

Scotland

Guest idol_wild
Isnt this fun...

I think i'll make an offer on this amp... everyone else has...o_O

I haven't: I'm waiting for him to get back to me with details of the wattage. I only want the 100w version.

twin

'Twin Reverb' refers to the 'twin sound' that leo fender invented, but never pateneted for fear that his secret would be stolen by unsrupulous manufacturers or 'those back east guys', as he put it. For Leo, anyone out past Palm Springs was 'back east'.

In their reverb cicuit, your note is cloned and repeated after a tiny, tiny delay - effectively, you get a 'twin' note. The proces is so secret, they put a standard spring reverb tank in the amps so that the competition (and anyone working on them who deosn't know) will be fooled into thinking it is ordinary mechanical reverb. The microprocessor for the process is wrapped in tape and disguised as an optical coupler.

The process was cracked by a chap named Innello Tellecato (In Tel to his friends) who saw its potential beyond guitar amplification and the rest is history...

That Leo! What was he like...?!??!??!

• Upvote 1

'Twin Reverb' refers to the 'twin sound' that leo fender invented, but never pateneted for fear that his secret would be stolen by unsrupulous manufacturers or 'those back east guys', as he put it. For Leo, anyone out past Palm Springs was 'back east'.

In their reverb cicuit, your note is cloned and repeated after a tiny, tiny delay - effectively, you get a 'twin' note. The proces is so secret, they put a standard spring reverb tank in the amps so that the competition (and anyone working on them who deosn't know) will be fooled into thinking it is ordinary mechanical reverb. The microprocessor for the process is wrapped in tape and disguised as an optical coupler.

The process was cracked by a chap named Innello Tellecato (In Tel to his friends) who saw its potential beyond guitar amplification and the rest is history...

I had no idea - interesting stuff!

With that in mind (and presuming it is the 135W version in the purple tolex), I'd up my offer to 285.43. Does it have wheels?

Silly me, and here I though they came in pairs.

Leo was an insightful humpback with a critical mind and a penchant for inducing deafness in teenagers. Although short in stature, he had a personality that was indeed imposing. I believe this was largely the result of his over zealous use of garlic as a hygenic cleanser and his insistance that he could hear sputnik era radio broadcasts from communist russia on a corroded mercury filling in his left molar. Curiously, the filling was on the right side, an upper filling that broadcast Hungarian radio, not Russian. In that he was mistaken. It was those broadcasts that drove him to insanity, and the sale of his company to CBS in the mid '60s. Once his dental problems were resolved, he was able to resume his life's work finding adoptive homes for orphan cats to be used by practicioners of the Gnostic faith.

With al that, I still must know where the other half of this set of twins is, and if they are both included in the sale, or this is just a distraction from the sellers real intention of finding homes for lost cats in Aberdeen?

You may well find the 'twin' of this amp. Or should I say a time-shift reflection. The clue is in the date of mfxtr - 1976, the USA bicentennial. That's BI as in two as in twin. The CIA Special Sciences labs wwere able to devcelop a time resonator that was capable of locking a space field approx 2'x2'x1' in a random time shimmer - effectively a 'time reverb'.

One of the scientists was a Telecaster fan who talked a local studio into donating a new Twin Reverb for the project. That amp now appears in constantly shifting locations, with shifts triggered when any input signal plays a Minor E chord, signalling sadness. Clearly, it came to Aberdeen due to the Yank associations with Big Oil in th evicinity.

Be glad you didn't buy it from the original listing - it would have 'reverbed' away eventually....

You may well find the 'twin' of this amp. Or should I say a time-shift reflection. The clue is in the date of mfxtr - 1976, the USA bicentennial. That's BI as in two as in twin. The CIA Special Sciences labs wwere able to devcelop a time resonator that was capable of locking a space field approx 2'x2'x1' in a random time shimmer - effectively a 'time reverb'.

Sorry, I worked for the CIA as a clandestine operative until 1977. We couldn't find our ass with a map.

Now, the bicentennial celebrations, those I remember with great fondness; the freedom train and the bonnie and clyde death car exhibits were my favorites. I still have the free beer mug I got as part of the entry fee. Ahh, those were good days.

That 'time reverb' of which you speak was a NASA predecessor of the space shuttle, an attempt to go back in time and make sure the US beat the russians in space. Being a solid state device the audio quality was, well, crap. But I'll concede the point.

My underlying question remains, however- where is the Ebay listing for this device, and how can I place a bit. Let me ask my assistant Chloe when she returns from Ship Row...

Sorry, I worked for the CIA as a clandestine operative until 1977. We couldn't find our ass with a map.

Now, the bicentennial celebrations, those I remember with great fondness; the freedom train and the bonnie and clyde death car exhibits were my favorites. I still have the free beer mug I got as part of the entry fee. Ahh, those were good days.

That 'time reverb' of which you speak was a NASA predecessor of the space shuttle, an attempt to go back in time and make sure the US beat the russians in space. Being a solid state device the audio quality was, well, crap. But I'll concede the point.

My underlying question remains, however- where is the Ebay listing for this device, and how can I place a bit. Let me ask my assistant Chloe when she returns from Ship Row...

Keep this to yourself but I'm Mi5... I think our best plan would be to arrest thornybank and torture him... for no other reson than he's American and chooses to live in the UK... he is obviously stark staring bonkers.... Son did you ever find you're ass? very stupid creatures.

Son did you ever find you're ass? very stupid creatures.

First, young man, you meant 'your ass', not 'you're ass', yes?

Yes, I did, luckily enough. The advent of GPS replaced the need for classical cartography skills and dead reckoning, and I was able to locate the animal in question post-haste. It had been abducted by a cheerful band of Amish farmers in Pennsylvania that had adopted it, pulling a buggy down the streets of Hershey. Curiously, it was studying weather prediction with punxsutawney phil, the famous grounhog. Truthfully, it's career ambitions were impractical and it was behaving as, well, an ass.

But really, where are the twins? Did we decide the wattage? And what exactly is this handbasket anyway?

I spoke with my research assistant Chloe upon her return from Ship Row last evening, and she has indicated that I am mistaken, it is not actually a handbasket that I observed. It was, rather, a black leatherette bag designed to contain this reverberation device mentioned earlier. Of course, I am chagrined at my oversight, but reflect that this is indeed one of the things tat occurs as one ages. I also find myself speaking harshly with teenagers who insist on playing something called 'footie' on my front lawn to the great dismay of my Argentine terrier Randolph. But I digress.

I, like most of you, must confess to great disappointment that the original poster has not responded to a reasonable request to identify the location of the missing amplifier in the set. So I must ask more emphatically. Where Sir is the other amp, or do you take us to be so innocent in the workings of the spider web of deceit called the internet that we are unaware that 'Twin' indicates there is an identical match? A Yin to this Yang, so to speak?

I have no alternative but to offer you a box of single drumsticks as payment in kind, all designed for use in the left hand. I will provide you with the location of the right-hand sticks when the location of the missing amplifier is revealed. I believe this to be a fair and reasonable offer.