aberdeen-music

I Am Legend

black_matter

Firstly, your spelling is terrible.

Secondly, do you like the most recent Transformers film?

yes yes yes we all know my spelling is shit.

and yes i found the film enjoyable, it had a story line, made a little more sence, was quite funny and had a hottie in it. so yes i would say i enjoyed the transformers.

why you ask?

these infected cretures know what robert neville dose during the day to manage to build a trap like his own but yet dont know who to drive cars or use wepons.

absolute shite:down:

Think about it. He clearly set the trap himself, in an effort to catch one of the infected chaps. Then he forgot about it. It shows how he was slowly going crazy - like the scene where he chats up the mannequin woman in the DVD shop.

Also, I thought it was pretty good. Not much like the book, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's automatically gash.

For a Hollywood Blockbuster - with it's sole purpose to make as much cash as possible - I thought it was decent. I always thought of Will Smith as just a loveable cheeky chappy, but there were some scenes, like when he throttles his dog, that were really well acted.

Not amazing, but the best "big" film I've seen in a while

yes yes yes we all know my spelling is shit.

and yes i found the film enjoyable, it had a story line, made a little more sence, was quite funny and had a hottie in it. so yes i would say i enjoyed the transformers.

why you ask?

I asked because you enjoyed the film despite it's scientific implausibility. So, one of your arguments for IAL being crap is fairly void in its basis in my opinion. Yes there are major loopholes in the story line and as far as i'm concerned it wasn't a great film, though it was still good. The first 45 minutes were quite good for the way they made you feel Neville's isolation and it did humanise his character. The last portion of the film was fairly shit though.

Erm how can u say the 1st 45minutes were good but the ending wasnt up to par yet still say you enjoyd it?.....

Also your grammar replies are really getting on my tits again...Who gives a fuck if the lad cant spell he can still decide if he likes/dislikes a film...

I watched it again with a mate and its still gash........

Erm how can u say the 1st 45minutes were good but the ending wasnt up to par yet still say you enjoyd it?.....

Also your grammar replies are really getting on my tits again...Who gives a fuck if the lad cant spell he can still decide if he likes/dislikes a film...

I watched it again with a mate and its still gash........

Mate, i actually just said his spelling was terrible. As you will see, if you read my post, I didn't mention that as a reason why I think he shouldn't be allowed to comment on a film. In fact I didn't say his opinion was invalid, I was only in fact challenging his reasoning behind his opinion.

I'm just interested in why he was using science as his basis for not liking a particular film whereas he liked another despite it having a much greater scientific implausibility. He may answer that there were other elements of Transformers, something that he has actually intimated in his previous post, that overshadowed the plot-holes of it against the plot-holes of IAL which is an opinion that i can relate to.

And yes, it is possible to still enjoy a film despite not liking certain elements of it. For example, I'm sure you like drinking, but i'm damn sure you don't like the hangover that accompanies a heavy session? See what i mean?

Mate, i actually just said his spelling was terrible. As you will see, if you read my post, I didn't mention that as a reason why I think he shouldn't be allowed to comment on a film. In fact I didn't say his opinion was invalid, I was only in fact challenging his reasoning behind his opinion.

I'm just interested in why he was using science as his basis for not liking a particular film whereas he liked another despite it having a much greater scientific implausibility. He may answer that there were other elements of Transformers, something that he has actually intimated in his previous post, that overshadowed the plot-holes of it against the plot-holes of IAL which is an opinion that i can relate to.

And yes, it is possible to still enjoy a film despite not liking certain elements of it. For example, I'm sure you like drinking, but i'm damn sure you don't like the hangover that accompanies a heavy session? See what i mean?

when it comes to the transformers film, that was ailen robots that came to earth, so why is that scientificly (sp?) impossible? who knows what aliens can do? i am just pointing out that PHYSICALLY did not make any sence. She might have had a car, which might have had UV lights on it, she might have been able to transport a fully grown male back to his house, MIGHT! why dont we know these things? that film was to flawed to be a good film.

sorry, just my view. :up:

when it comes to the transformers film, that was ailen robots that came to earth, so why is that scientificly (sp?) impossible? who knows what aliens can do? i am just pointing out that PHYSICALLY did not make any sence. She might have had a car, which might have had UV lights on it, she might have been able to transport a fully grown male back to his house, MIGHT! why dont we know these things? that film was to flawed to be a good film.

sorry, just my view. :up:

There is no scientific evidence of Alien metals being capable of maintaining their native shape and stability in earth's atmosphere and under it's gravitational conditions. It's all "unsound" theorising whereas physicality and what someone can and can't do under extreme circumstances is more relative and there are many documented cases of people being able to do things that they wouldn't normally be able to do. Incidentally i was under the impression that the UV thing was some sort of flare.

I know what you're saying but if you're over analyzing one film there's no reason why you shouldn't be over analyzing them all surely?

Guest Steven Dedalus

Anyway....

it was ok. It was no "Omega Man", but then again: Few things are.

It definately had it's moments, but I won't be going to see it again. Good way to pass an dreary Belfast afternoon, though.