aberdeen-music

New "artist" - Debutant

Guest idol_wild

• 3 weeks later...
Guest idol_wild

Hey pop kids.

I've uploaded another brand spanking new song. It's called King of Doublespeak. Again, it was recorded and mixed by Robert Smith and I would like to say thank you for his time and efforts.

MySpace.com - Debutant - Planet Neptune, UK - Experimental / Ambient / Pop - www.myspace.com/musicbydebutant

Any comment/criticism/feedback is appreciated, as always.

Next up: a Weezer cover, hopefully. Eventually.

Guest idol_wild
There's nowt wrong with the tune but this particular one I feel would work better with a band as opposed to solo.

I think I know what you mean, min. The end needs drums and bass at the very least to help the build and make it more intense and textured.

But hey, Debutant is not a band :down:

• 4 months later...
Guest idol_wild

Hey cool kids. Just a wee update to say I have added a new recording of the very first song I ever home-recorded, Thirst.

It was recorded and mixed at SAE College Studios by Sam McIntosh. For his time, effort, patience, hospitality and expertise I am eternally grateful.

I think this gives a better account of the song. Maybe you'll agree, maybe you won't. Any feedback is very much appreciated. :)

Debutant on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Guest idol_wild
the tune is brilliant, right up my street. i think the recording captures the atomosphere of your live set, and is a great reflection your live set also.

please release something so i can buy it and put it on my ipod.

well done Phil

Thank you so, so much. I have a sort of demo EP with all six songs that are on the myspace that I can get to you at the next Marionettes gig I see you at? I just give them away - I don't expect anyone to pay for it! :)

Thank you so, so much. I have a sort of demo EP with all six songs that are on the myspace that I can get to you at the next Marionettes gig I see you at? I just give them away - I don't expect anyone to pay for it! :)

can i have one of those?

Yes. And thank you, Dave. Maybe one day you'll come and catch a concert that I am playing at. ;)

gah! i know. it's fucking bad form isn't it? i would totally be there tonight if it wasn't for rehearsals.

also, we should arrange time for photos.

Guest idol_wild
I'd like a CD please.

Didn't you pick one up t'other evening?

I'll get one to you this month - I'm sure I'll see you at a gig...Danananananananananananananananananananana?

Also, I got some really nice words written about me as a result of the show I played in Leith last week. Thought I'd share it with any of you who give a toss. Although, why I've been heralded as the lead guitarist in Kartta is beyond me:

TheSteinbergPrinciple