aberdeen-music

Drum N Bass

Lemonade

Dope tune

Yeah dude, old John B is wicked. Seen him DJ a bunch of times too, usually very entertaining, never heard anyone mix The Cure into drum and bass before. Not so keen on his new stuff, but that's what everyone says...

I had the luck to catch Dom & Roland on Baily's 1Xtra show the other night. I don't usually listen but someone on another forum gave a headsup. He did a half hour mix for them, probably up on iPlayer, of his new stuff and talked a bit about his music and Moving Shadow and stuff. Definitely worth a listen!

• 3 weeks later...
Not much else to do i expect...lol.Same as TeeBee living in Norway....no greens and beer at 10 a pint,he makes sickly awesome tunes though!

TeeBee is hilarious. I just watched this video of him and Calyx:

Where Calyx looks like he wants to murder him for pointing out how formula and repetitive d'n'b is these days. LOL.

Yeah man,it is tooo formulated these days.I was making and putting out tunes in 96 when it was still fresh and you could be very creative within the genre!

Really? Are you like Drum and Bass famous? 8-)

That's what I like about The Upbeats though, 'cos they make standard mental dancefloor smashers like Werewolf but then they make, basically, simple songs like Thinking Cap and Girl Gone which they can punt out on the album CD or digital download and play when they gig live.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, Jungle Music. My claim to fame is playing a few warm up sets at Jungle Nation, back when it was on a Thursday night in the small room at the Pelican, it was so popular back then Tez had to put a house DJ in the big room. For playing to about 5 people who were mostly mates of mine I recieved the princely sum of 5 pounds a night, happy days.

Have to agree pendulum are bit shit, I did like that song they did whatever it's called but all their tunes are exactly the same formula, pish.

Quite like the Brookes Brothers stuff, I'll be going to see them at Jungle Nation YouTube - Brookes Brothers - Rainman

Mikrob and Bungle YouTube - Mikrob & Bungle - Reflections

I can't believe no one's mentioned Ram Records yet, top quality dark drum and bass, this one's a classic

sounds a bit dated now but it blew everyone away at the time

this is me, mixing records mixedry.mp3 - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Shimon and Andy C have two tracks on the aforementioned compilation i am on!:up:

So I see :up: the track off the album doesn't seem to be working on your myspace though, I liked memory though, nice bass.

Did someone recommend DJ Aphrodite in this thread? He was the original Pendulum, one break, one bass sound, fucking millions of records.