aberdeen-music

Original 106 Sunday Showcase

original_andy

Hello,

I'm Andy and I'm the presenter of the Sunday Showcase on new Aberdeen radio station Original 106.

The showcase wants to feature up and coming local and national bands, musicians, comedians, writers and anyone esle who's doing something a bit interesting. This week we talked to Marie Claire from Panda Eyes, Simon from fivefifteen, Scotland's 3rd funniest man Gus Tawse and we played music from Broken Records, Kartta, the Kissaway Trail amongst others.

If you'd be interested in coming in to the studio for a chat or if you want to send me an CD with some of your stuff to play on air then please get in touch.

My e-mail is andy_learmonth@yahoo.co.uk . You can send cds and other stuff to:

The Sunday Showcase

Original House

Craigshaw Road

West Tullos

Aberdeen

AB12 3AR

Also get in touch if you think there's a band we should be playing or if you think there's a gig coming up that we should be talking about on air.

cheers.

if you think a myspace compressed music file is good enough for radio then I would say you are a buffoon

See I really have to agree with that. I highly doubt myspace quality files are of radio broadcasting quality. I for one would not want myspace files of my music being broadcast on radio as it wouldn't be the best quality whatsoever.

We have, on last week's show and the week before it played tracks downloaded from myspace with no discernible loss of quality - Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings and Panda Eyes. We have also had to say no to tracks because of the compression. If you don't want us to play music from your myspace page then send us a CD. Simple.

Sunday Showcase

Original House

Craigshaw Road

Aberdeen

AB12 3AR

Yeah... I'm wishing I never mentioned Myspace now. Just send me cds or e-mail tracks but point me towards myspace if you want me to hear your tunes, and if worst comes to worst we can play the myspace track on air.

Jan, because there was a two week difference between interviewing MC and then putting the interview on air the CD got misplaced - all my fault. I have found it though.

So, if this sort of loveable incompetence warms you to the North East of Scotland's greatest new radio show do get in touch.

andew.learmonth@originalfm.com

The Sunday Showcase - getting better all the time.

Guest idol_wild

Keep it up, Andy. There are few shows willing to showcase local music and actually attend the shows and interview them.

If a band has no problem with you using the myspace tracks then I don't see where there is a problem at all. I've downloaded tracks from myspace, put them on my ipod, and been impressed with the quality.

It'll be interesting to see how many bands actually bother their arses to provide a CD for the show.

We've got a few tracks on our myspace if you want :) , we've got a cd of other stuff but it might be easier if I just give you the myspace. MySpace.com - The Psychedelic Circus - aberdeenshire, UK - Psychedelic / Blues / Other - www.myspace.com/thepsychedeliccircus :cheers:

Right now the tracks are downloadable off of myspace, but do you want us to email them to you or would you take it off the myspace?