aberdeen-music

Godin Radiator

Lemonade

I've got my eye on one of these as my next guitar - tho if I' being honest it's almost entirely due to it's quirky look. Does anyone have one/played one? How does it play? How does it sound? Any annoying idiosyncracies? Would you recommend it? I like a deep, full, heavy distortion sound, like Alice In Chains or Marilyn Manson - are the single coil pickups on it up to the job? Also I need something that isn't going to just squeal with feedback as soon as I hit the fuzzbox (hello Stratocaster). Should I look elsewhere?

godin-radiator-black.jpg

You sure they are single coils, look like mini-humbuckers to me, a la Gibson Firebird. I can't be arsed with those who say single coils are no good for hi gain, coz right enough Jimi Hendrix's tone was shite.*

If anything single coils will give you a more vicious, slicing tone than any humbucker could provide. 90% of tone is in the fingers anyway, if you like it, buy it, you can always retrofit new p/ups anyway.

*Obviously not true, but I'm damned If I'm using emoticons to register my sark.

I quite like some of the reverends but not keen on the Hardtail. I like guitars with a good heavy sound, but I find most guitars with a heavy sound look fucking stupid... it's a delicate balance between looking good and sounding good. My Ibanez Gio looks good but sounds like shit. However my BC Rich Warlock sounds brilliant, but I look like a total tool playing it with my stripey knitted jumpers.

i'v always fancied one of them with the mirrored scratchplate, played one in a shop somewhere for a good bit but was put off by the single coils. i thought it was a bit thin in the tone department (i was convinced that humbuckers where the ONLY pick ups worth having at that time), since then i'v grown up an got an SG with P90's which sounds awsome!! just get it and ul grow to love it!! :up: