aberdeen-music

Twilight Sad @ Moshulu

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
Fair point. March is aaaages away.

I'm just checking; they sold out Glasgow Barfly. :O

Glasgow Barfly capacity (Home Town gig, well Kilsyth is close enough i guess): 200 approx

Moshulu capacity: 650 approx

I'm sure they won't sell out Moshulu, so we'll all probably get to see them :)

Wish i'd gone to see them last time :(

Guest idol_wild

If 200 people attend up here, I'll be surprised. The Lemon Tree gig only had about 125 people, I'd guess. I doubt their profile in Aberdeen will have improved any since then, so we'll all get to see them indeed.

That said, if correctly promoted (which the Lemon Tree failed to do), they could sell 3-400 hundred tickets I reckon.

From a total non-fan of this lot: I'd recommend them to anyone whom is into ‘post-rock’ and/or indie pop music... they are awesome at what they do, not my thing necessarily (saw them at the tunnels), but I'd recommend highly if the previous parameters fit into your thing…

Not the best advert I know, but hey… just ignore it if it doesn’t feel right!

tickets are on sale for this in one up and ticketweb too!

i cannot wait, got into them quite late as the album took a while to sink in ( i still dont like the whole album, couple of tracks im not keen on - maybe they are growers)

but on the whole, its fucking amazing and im interested to see how they do it live as i missed them last time!

it also has such a sweet production sound that im quite keen to see how the build ups and big bits work live, and if it has as much ooomph as on cd

how do they do all the parts live?

heaps of delay im guessing

is it loops or all live?

Guest idol_wild

how do they do all the parts live?

heaps of delay im guessing

is it loops or all live?

No looping at all, from what I see. They just make the loud bits go really loud by using overdrive and graphic equalizer pedals. On both the guitar and bass. When they played The Tunnels I was utterly astounded at how good they were. It was the first gig I ever organized, and I won't ever beat it in terms of a headline act.

They weren't quite as tight at the Lemon Tree, but there was something not quite right about that gig. The band themselves were less than enthused about several aspects of the gig.

For me, their album is the best release of 2007.

No looping at all, from what I see. They just make the loud bits go really loud by using overdrive and graphic equalizer pedals. On both the guitar and bass. When they played The Tunnels I was utterly astounded at how good they were. It was the first gig I ever organized, and I won't ever beat it in terms of a headline act.

They weren't quite as tight at the Lemon Tree, but there was something not quite right about that gig. The band themselves were less than enthused about several aspects of the gig.

For me, their album is the best release of 2007.

I think that's what really disappointed me about them live, like on She Would Darken... there was no slide guitar or that one repeated piano note, just a drone then a load of overdrive.

Guest idol_wild
I think that's what really disappointed me about them live, like on She Would Darken... there was no slide guitar or that one repeated piano note, just a drone then a load of overdrive.

I see where you're coming from. I was looking for the idiosyncrasies of each song too. But they revel more in the sheer volume aspect of what they do. And it was delightfully overwhelming for me. There's something very satisfying about seeing a band who are loud but really tuneful at the same time. And The Twilight Sad fit the bill in both aspects, in my opinion.