aberdeen-music

The Simpsons Movie

Noir

Also, is it possible the introduction for far more extreme and blatant comedy Like Family Guy has just made the Simpsons seem dull in comparison?

The Simpsons Movie wasn't exactly subtle, although I'm beginning to think that it might just be me. Nearly everyone I've talked to about the film seems completely blown away by my bitter hatred of it.

It's unfair to say people have grown out of the Simpsons though. It was originally a very adult orientated cartoon, and the earlier episodes deal with very human matters. However, recently - with the extremity being this film - it seems to rely on slapstick and dumbed down political digs (nowhere near as good as the episode involving Sideshow Bob running for mayor that was on Channel 4 last night).

Hmm, I think I know how those folkies felt when Dylan went electric now.

Although Spiderpig, thats comedy gold. Some people may not agree but they can go screw themselves because that little pig walking on the roof was the best moment in that film. Shame it was in the adverts, eh?

I really hope you weren't the guy that laughed at that bit in the trailer loudly for about 25 minutes when I went to see Transformers.

Guest DustyDeviada

Well, just finished watching it, and I really enjoyed it. Of course it helped that:

(a) I watched it in the comfort of my own home, and therefore didn't have to endure the great unwashed laughing at Spiderpig like it was the most hilarious thing ever committed to celluloid even though everybody's seen it a million times now

(b) It cost me 0.00

© My expectations had been lowered by all the poor reviews. Thanks for helping me enjoy the film, moaners!

i would love a bullet point list of precisely what was funny about that film.

The only two parts in the film where I chuckled were

• The shock of seeing Bart's willy
  • The bit where homer gives everyone the finger when escaping down the hole

That was it. Other parts I smiled at, but nothing worthy of a laugh out loud. Again, I was in a showing that seemed to have people who'd never experienced such riproaring comedy before. 99% of the screen room were actually getting seriously pissed off at this one guy, because of how much he would laugh at every tiny joke.

It was better than doing nothing for an evening, but it just didn't grab me at all. And yes, I too got hacked off at how everyone collapsed with laughter at the Spiderpig scene.... despite it being on every advert/youtube/bebo/myspace site in the world. Is it because people latch onto catchphrases, like in Little Britain and Catherine Tate?? Ricky Gervais in Extras was onto something I think...

Guest DustyDeviada

Most of the funny bits I had seen already, such as "I am here to lead, not to read."

But I still think it would have been better with President Wolfcastle.