aberdeen-music

Best venue in Aberdeen to watch bands

Team Monkey

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WalkingOnGlass

A packed Drummonds is awesome, I used to not really wnjoy playing Drakes but now I look forward to Drakes gigs big style. The front toom at Moshulu kicks as well!

Originally posted by delboy:

thats why we make such a good team christie

two thirty something drunks who are adequate at best, appaling at worst

i see still game is back for a new series....

Mes and Del, what a team.

'Shall we do it'. Brightens up my Mondays.

Still Game, that's you and me in 5 years.

I've only played Drummonds and Drakes (plus guest bits at the Malt Mill,eg maybe this sunday with Simon Gall), but as an audience member Drakes is my favourite, for the aforementioned reasons that the staff are all sweet (yes, that includes Shawn the Ox!) and I usually meet someone I know. The Lemon Tree has a lot of plus points for big bands, but the roving bouncer types take the warmth out of the place. Drummonds is pretty good too, and has a friendly feel, with pleasant staff. Being an old codger I tend to avoid the younger crowds for fear of being laughed at!

Drakes is by far the most comfortable and friendly place to be for gigs. It has the friendliest staff and one of the cheapest costs. :p But as has been said, there's not much room to move about and heaps of folk just stand there lifeless. The Lemon Tree is ace for atmosphere as there's so many people there to see the same band. Kef too, and there's almost always lots of movement. But I can't afford Kef often theses days..

Guest Scott 5FD

i like the intimacy of Drakes, but i like the fact that you can dance in Kef.

Five Finger Discount are playing Drakes on the 22nd of July, so if your not doing anything else you can come and throw rotten vegetables at us.

you must provide your own rotten vegetables tho.

Originally posted by Scott 5FD:

i like the intimacy of Drakes, but i like the fact that you can dance in Kef.

Five Finger Discount are playing Drakes on the 22nd of July, so if your not doing anything else you can come and throw rotten vegetables at us.

you must provide your own rotten vegetables tho.

Agreed man on drakes and kef! Il be sure to take my turnips to drakes;)

Guest Bob Double Jack

Drummonds and The Lemon Tree (in that order). Ian Christie is an immense sound engineer. every time we've played there weve been soundchecked in 30 mins tops, thus showing how good a lug he has got and how well he knows his equipment. We've played gigs with 2-4 hours soundchecks, which are a waste of everyones time. the guy at the Lemon Tree (name unknown!) is also excellent.

Guest stuartmaxwell

this thread is bad for ians health

he will be even worse now :dunce: see y on utesday christie

ha ha ha your ears will take a newer pounding, i just bought a hughes and kettner warp factor distortion pedal

Aw, shucks guys, I never knew you cared.

You should've been there last night for some speed engineering. Band comes off stage at 11, stage was stripped, new band put on and equipment set-up, soundcheck and into gig in 35 mins. The only problem is the boss is starting to think I don't need to do soundchecks so I'll need to fuck about a bit sometimes.