aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided I'm done with Aberdeen Football Club. It's been a rollercoaster ride for the past twenty years (God, that makes me sound old), but it's a frustrating part of my life that I'm better off without. I've put so much in, and got very little back.

I don't need to support a football club. It's easier that way.

I feel the same a lot of the time. Although some of my best memories are of being at games (especially successful away days). Life would certainly be a lot cheaper for me without AFC. All the shite just makes the good times even better :) Thats what i tell myself anyway

Nah, im still yet to go to Ibrox.

I broke my Ibrox cherry this season; nearly getting ejected for the constant abusing of Rangers fans as well. My excuse being that it was slap bang in the middle of a 36 hour glasgow drinking binge before a wedding. How I made it out alive i'll never know ?(

Trying my best to forget all about our performances of late. Organising a trip for 8 of us travelling down to Hampden and back for the Croatia game is a lovely distraction :love:

Pretty decent performance up until we scored. Looked quite impressive on the counter attack but too many defensive errors and Lovell's Laziness! If you weren't at the game don't think he was any better than the sub standard shit we have had from him all season, he was just at the right place at the right time!

Miller again was excellent, great touches, held the ball up well and passed it well. Nicholson was all over the park passing well and getting right stuck into them if the rest were half as passionate and had their desire we might not be in this possision.

Still very very dissapointed in the attendance, ok we're playin shit but still wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Oh and a mention to Souter for his second penalty save in 4 days, although none of our players were quick enough to stop the rebound.

Not the best start to married life but hey as i said before, nowhere else i would rather be!!:up:

At least it was an encouraging perforance. We just need to play this way againstthe rest of the matches.

On the subject of Ibrox, I went to see Aberdeen play against Rangers about 8 years ago...in the Rangers end!

My family's friends are huns and said they'd take me along so thought what the hell.

3-0 Defeat and had to stand up everytime the huns scored...it was unpleasant.

At least it was an encouraging perforance. We just need to play this way againstthe rest of the matches.

On the subject of Ibrox, I went to see Aberdeen play against Rangers about 8 years ago...in the Rangers end!

My family's friends are huns and said they'd take me along so thought what the hell.

3-0 Defeat and had to stand up everytime the huns scored...it was unpleasant.

Nasty!!:down:

I always feel a sense of Irony when the team sheet has Lee Mair and Stuart Duff after one another

Mair

Duff.

Quite apt. Although I can hardly speak given our shite performances :down:

EDIT: In other news, Juuskelinen (sp?) just had a total howler, quite funny.

I always feel a sense of Irony when the team sheet has Lee Mair and Stuart Duff after one another

Mair

Duff.

Quite apt. Although I can hardly speak given our shite performances :down:

EDIT: In other news, Juuskelinen (sp?) just had a total howler, quite funny.

Do Celtic not want to buy him?

I have rarely been as scared as I was at 4.50pm on Saturday afternoon.

Game at the Den was heading for a ding nil-nil, then Bristol Rovers score with almost the last kick! We were penned in by the Old Bill for half an hour whilst getting abused all and sundry, and there were still groups of Millwall fans waiting at South Bermondsey when we did get out. There were scuffles further down the road, but I stayed clear and injury free.

Yesterday at QPR was much more fun.

:up:

I have rarely been as scared as I was at 4.50pm on Saturday afternoon.

Game at the Den was heading for a ding nil-nil, then Bristol Rovers score with almost the last kick! We were penned in by the Old Bill for half an hour whilst getting abused all and sundry, and there were still groups of Millwall fans waiting at South Bermondsey when we did get out. There were scuffles further down the road, but I stayed clear and injury free.

Yesterday at QPR was much more fun.

quality so the den lived up to its reputation then! :up:

faaaacking laaanndaaan maaaggss!!!

quality so the den lived up to its reputation then! :up:

faaaacking laaanndaaan maaaggss!!!

I'd still rather go back there than Ibrox though. I prefer violent nutters over the bluenose scum.

I was delighted with the score from Broadwood, first time we've gone a season unbeaten against the Gypsies for feck knows how long. West Lothian Franchise XI on the radio tonight with any luck.