aberdeen-music

Are Busted and McFly...

Guest Scott 5FD

manufactured pop rubbish.

do u really need to ask?

pop music is all about making money. selling a product. the whole pop-punk thing was big so along came busted - and it's cool to be rock n roll these days so along comes a 'real band' who 'play' their instuments... *ahem* McFly

and there you have it

Guest Scott 5FD

fair enough, but don't you think their is a similarity between Busted/McFly and Gc et al in terms of the groups of people they seem to be marketed towards?

Have any of you noticed how the so-called musicians mime on shows like TOTP, and the only acts to play live lately are Busted and McFly? So what if they are manufactured? So what if the are targeted at a certain audience? So what if they don't write their own songs? (who knows, they may actually so)

They are touring the world, playing to thousands of people, getting paid shitloads of money, and having a great time in the process.

Maybe they were just doing the right thing in the right place at the right time.

Guest Scott 5FD

apparently Busted started off as a 'proper' band. they got together via ads in the NME and wrote some tunes. they approached whatever label they are now on and got signed up. supposedly they write all their own stuff, maybe with outside song-writers tho, i'm thinking.

the guy with the wierd eyebrows seems to be a talented guy. he's in two other bands, and plays drums in one of them.

so why dosen't he play drums in Busted?

SCOTT! HOW CAN YOU SAY SUCH THINGS???? YOU ARE BUSTED'S #1 FAN REMEMBER?

As for McFly, they're ace. Ahem.

Anyway, I don't think they're the UK's answer to good charlotte, blink etc because they started off from the bottom and worked their way up (think early Sum 41/ Blink..) and just became popular by chance. Busted/McFly on the other hand, are manufactured pop. End of really. Apart from what you said above. But whether that's true or not, I don't know.

Originally posted by RicoAUBL:

do u really need to ask?

pop music is all about making money. selling a product. the whole pop-punk thing was big so along came busted - and it's cool to be rock n roll these days so along comes a 'real band' who 'play' their instuments... *ahem* McFly

and there you have it

Agreed :up:

Sad to see the music industry go down the pan really. At least there are people out there who will not support crap like this.

Originally posted by Scott 5FD:

apparently Busted started off as a 'proper' band. they got together via ads in the NME and wrote some tunes. they approached whatever label they are now on and got signed up. supposedly they write all their own stuff, maybe with outside song-writers tho, i'm thinking.

the guy with the wierd eyebrows seems to be a talented guy. he's in two other bands, and plays drums in one of them.

so why dosen't he play drums in Busted?

No... they used to be in a all boy pop band(like westlife) but no record company wouldnt take them on.

Uk i rubbish at manufactured music. USA do it a whole lot better. Take Pink and Avril Lavigne they have been marketed off as "rock chics" and are having successful careers. Ok their music is shit but it still sells which is the whole purpose of it.

The talented one in busted is james, and ive seen charlie plays drums in one of their videos. They are manufactured pop, but they know exactly what they are and they aren't rubbish!

McFly suck,(the guy with the bleached hair cant sing at all), but busted are really good at what they do. Busted are one of the best pop acts to be around in a while, their songs are good and they don't try to pretend to be anything that they are not.

Even if you don't like pop music you can surely appreciate that they good at what they do.

Guest phoenix_down

hte eyebrow one is apparently a hgue aereogramme fan and appraoched the singer about a collaberation. Also i read in a guitar magazine that interviewed them that one of em(Sorry dunno their names) was in a band b4 that had a little success but never really broke through.

Originally posted by RicoAUBL:

do u really need to ask?

and there you have it

surely this is just speculation...unless you actually personally know busted how can you know that they didnt start out just like any of the fine bands in and around the aberdeen area today.........maybe one day people will be saying the same things about 10easy wishes and the like.......we just dont know now do we?!

Guest phoenix_down

Busted have said(in that guitar magazine interview) that instead of doing loads and loadsa of gigs they just send loads of demos off to record labels and they got signed that way.

Originally posted by Camie:

No... they used to be in a all boy pop band(like westlife) but no record company wouldnt take them on.

Nope, they used to be a 4 piece band, with a drummer, but he quit/got fired, not sure which.

I don't know about anyone else, but I like Busted. They're the best thing going as far as pop music is concerned, and I think they have some really good songs. And indeed they don't pretend to be anything they're not.

Originally posted by Aileen:

surely this is just speculation...unless you actually personally know busted how can you know that they didnt start out just like any of the fine bands in and around the aberdeen area today.........maybe one day people will be saying the same things about 10easy wishes and the like.......we just dont know now do we?!

Hah. We're not pretty enough.

well i know for a fact that Busted have had people write their songs for them

- cos i saw a documentary about some guy from glasgow who is a professional song writer

and he's done stuff for westlife, busted etc.

he co-wrote 'what i go to school for' - or whatever it is

in my humble opinion

they lick balls

i dont see why people have got anything against pop music...so it may not always be the most challenging form of music (or it may be...how else would you describe The Beatles other than a pop band? they had their fan club, their own movies, their screaming fans, but were the greatest band of all time) but it can be refreshing and although its rare I would listen to good pop music than most things in the charts...what i mean by good pop music is The Monkees, Pet Shop Boys, Take That, The Supernaturals and Linkin Park who may be criticised for not being very metal but who can deny that they cant write a catchy song?

Altho I wouldnt personally listen to Busted or McFly, I think it should just be accepted as what it is...pop music and not too different from some of the bands people on here listen to anyway

Originally posted by kirkt:

what i mean by good pop music ... Take That...

YEA!!

Charlie from busted plays drums on the cds and stuff i think.

Whats wrong with liking a bit of pop music? I have to agree with kirkt on this. People on here are way to protective over their favourite genre of music. Ok so they arent hard core or "true punk" or whatever, but they dont say they are, so whats the problem?

And the moral of the story is: enjoy a bit of everything.

(but take that the most)

Originally posted by Lauren M:

:D so true

nothing beats take that! :music:

a stick or perhaps a good sized metal pole would do the trick

no but seriously i wasnt saying that it licks balls because of the music

what i'm saying is that pop music is bad because a lot of it exists purely for fame and fortune - which is wrong

fair enough some pop artists (or artists who would be pigeon-holed in the pop category) do have some actual talent

however some people are only in it for the bling

and that's just not right