aberdeen-music

Breed 77, 209 and E106 impromtu jam last night!

Hog

Yep, after the Breed 77 gig we all ended up having a mass jam at the Moorings including members from Breed 77, 209 and Hog,Tony and Jaimi from Element 106. Great fun, I even got the whole band to sign my yellow see thru toothbrush guitar : )

The gig.... well thanks for everyone who turned up, great fun even although my amp died for 2 songs..ach these things are sent to try us!

Cheers

Hog:cheers:

Ugly

Originally posted by Frosty Jack:

I was lurking around the moorings last night, that is one ugly guitar...

The next step up is a translucent perspex magenta Mockingbird with green strings.

The after gig jam was ace. But boy oh boy was I under presuure. Though Roadhouse Blues came off nicely... for a Doors song. Thanks to all the people that variously asked me:

"Would you like a beer?"

"What software are you running on that?"

"Are you sure you wouldn't like a beer?"

"Thanks for a great evening blah blah blah blah"

"How about a soft drink instead then?"

"Is that your laptop?"

"Go on go on go on go on go on go on go on have a drink go on"

While I had 6 people on the stage and 2 more with vocal mics out in front of the speakers, and was REALLY TRYING HARD TO LISTEN YOU BASTARDS!!!

Here's hoping Breed 77's single goes all the way - it'a a great tune.

And, hopefully they've jumped to the conclusion that it might be better to stage the next gig closer to the harbour, where the drink is better and cheaper and you don't get thrown out to make way for some shite club night.

Oops better go, that's Breed 77 on Kerrang TV!

Re: Ugly

Originally posted by Flash@TMB:

And, hopefully they've jumped to the conclusion that it might be better to stage the next gig closer to the harbour, where the drink is better and cheaper and you don't get thrown out to make way for some shite club night.

:swearing:

That was a really dumbass comment to make....

Guest stuartmaxwell

Re: Re: Ugly

Originally posted by Rob Karloff:

kef club nights are just at the other end of the musical spectrum and most people that go to the rock concerts tend not to rate them

the jazz is ace though:dunce:

Re: Re: Ugly

Originally posted by Rob Karloff:

If you're going to continue reading my posts then you better get used to dumb ass comments...

In all seriousness I was once again dissapointed by the lack of hostpitality in my home town. The members of both touring bands were really nice people (if I was a girl I'd probably use the terms 'sweet' and 'lovely'). They were mid-way through a tour and Breed 77's single had just entered the Top 40. Prior to being rescued, they had been forced to resort to a bag of chips and some carry out beers at the Travel Lodge. They didn't even get the chance to crack open their bottle of champagne at the end of the gig as they were unceremoniously slung out the back door. There's a wrangness in there somewhere :swearing:

Re: Re: Re: Ugly

Originally posted by Flash@TMB:

In all seriousness I was once again dissapointed by the lack of hostpitality in my home town. The members of both touring bands were really nice people (if I was a girl I'd probably use the terms 'sweet' and 'lovely'). They were mid-way through a tour and Breed 77's single had just entered the Top 40. Prior to being rescued, they had been forced to resort to a bag of chips and some carry out beers at the Travel Lodge. They didn't even get the chance to crack open their bottle of champagne at the end of the gig as they were unceremoniously slung out the back door. There's a wrangness in there somewhere :swearing:

I know *what* you're trying to say, but I also know that you know how bigger venues with scheduled clubnights and curfews have to work. I'm sure Ian or Paul will comment themselves. Yes, it all sounds pretty un-welcoming, but I guess it would have been their tour booking agent's responsibility to ensure they were fed and watered properly as part of the booking, along with riders and suchlike. We had the exact same thing on our UK tour with Demented Are Go back in October. As soon as the last note stopped, off the stage with the gear into the tourbus, and on with the rest of the night with the club. We also found ourselves living off our own cash, meaning chips and sauce and whatever was left of the rider (although usually we had the tour manager buy us more booze). It's tough given that they had something good to celebrate and had come a long way, but that's life. As a band, you need to know the beast before you decide to get in the cage with it!