aberdeen-music

Benji

Who fucking cares!? Miller's novel isn't historically accurate, and the movie is an adaptation of that.

Yes, we know that.

The only major difference between history and the graphic novel is the way Xerxes and the Persians are portrayed. The numbers aren't really gone over in the graphic novel or the film, they imply that there's a much bigger army as i've mentioned previously, but the main focus is the 300 Spartans.

What's everyone's problem with this concept?

300 is Spear-Thrust-Tastic! :up:

I really liked the Spartan King holding true to his beliefs right the way through the film, especially his treatment of the mutant.

The narration was a little too lengthy and thorough, but I guess that's what you get when using a graphic novel for material.

Who fucking cares!? Miller's novel isn't historically accurate, and the movie is an adaptation of that.

Blasphemy Chris! Instead of just discussing the film we must all try and 'out greek knowledge' each other! Oh, and you can't make a statement like that without references to back it up! Foolish man, your opinion is worth nothing compared to mine.

On the topic...

I thought this film was fantastic.

Blasphemy Chris! Instead of just discussing the film we must all try and 'out greek knowledge' each other! Oh, and you can't make a statement like that without references to back it up! Foolish man, your opinion is worth nothing compared to mine.

On the topic...

I thought this film was fantastic.

Errr, time of the month?

Errr, time of the month?

Err, no? Wow, it doesn't surprise me that you automatically think that because I make a sarcastic comment and I am female that it must be the "time of the month." How old are you, 12? Maybe, just maybe (going way out on a limb here) I might just find it a little stupid how every thread no matter what topic it is on, turns into a "I'm better and way smarter than you" farse. Perhaps I thought I would take the piss out of that fact.

Of course I could say it is my time of the month, at least then I'd have an excuse for being a twat. Whats your excuse?

Err, no? Wow, it doesn't surprise me that you automatically think that because I make a sarcastic comment and I am female that it must be the "time of the month." How old are you, 12? Maybe, just maybe (going way out on a limb here) I might just find it a little stupid how every thread no matter what topic it is on, turns into a "I'm better and way smarter than you" farse. Perhaps I thought I would take the piss out of that fact.

Of course I could say it is my time of the month, at least then I'd have an excuse for being a twat. Whats your excuse?

I was only joking Fliss (see i can be sarcastic too), and you do know roughly how old i am. It wasn't a better than you type of response. I was just interested where he got his figures from, if the one's i knew had been wrong it would've been nice to get a bit of info as to where they originated from. Some of us like to learn things you know.

And i have no excuse, i'm just a cunt ;)

Boo hoo. I'm sure your girlfriend can stick up for herself. :up:

You know as well as i do that she can. But it doesn't make me change my opinion that what you said was prickish. :up:

Back on topic (the film based on the graphic novel that is), i think it was probably the best film i've seen so far this year (oops except Hot Fuzz). Gladiator and Sin City in a blender. Very cool.

i saw this last night. Well awesome :)

regarding the persian army, at the end it must be huge i think

the dude says somethin like 10,000 spartans with 30,000 other greeks (i think im not 100% sure there, so dont quote me on that) then says which is still 3-1 against or somethin.

so the persians should be 120,000 strong.

also dont take the stuff ive said to seriouisly, i could be wrong, i was burstin for a piss near the end and wasnt willing to shift :up:

in conclusion; killer movie, awesome humour