aberdeen-music

bloc partys new album

Ollie

Guest Kilgore Trout
christ last time i post a message...

what if i call you a rude name, or heaven forbid make a rude gesture - YOUGOOTADEFENTYERSEEEELF!

"the bloc party album sounds mostly like swervedriver: mostly harmless, so far.."

Oh dear, I just checked out Milburn aswell. They are incredibly shite and generic. At least Bloc Party are trying to establish their own sound by trying other things instead of sticking to a once effective but now overused formula.
what if i call you a rude name, or heaven forbid make a rude gesture - YOUGOOTADEFENTYERSEEEELF!

"the bloc party album sounds mostly like swervedriver: mostly harmless, so far.."[/quote"

Wel there you have it Bloc Party don't have their own sound they sound like swervedriver

Soulboy

Guest Kilgore Trout
well swerverdriver are good too:music:

actually its sounding pretty good, not to knock the white nose/ mustang fetish of the mighty 'driver but that was a lazy comparison by me' self. hot dawg. this cd is pretty good, i've never bothered to listened to the "one in asda with the whitish sleeeve" but i'm probably never going to. progressive forward looking futurist i am! wooof!

it's good tho. i likes.

nae as good as Kartta* plus 10- 34 grand but lifes not perfect.

(*i mean MAPS..but my memory/spelling is arse)

currently i've reached a song about stamping on the face of policemen, which can only be a good thing.

difficult second albums are usually best....ya

awesome. i'll buy it the morn i reckons.

Shows how much you fucking know Milburn were around way before arctic monkeys just because arctic monkeys album was out before Milburns that means fuck all. Every fuckin interview Simon Amstell does is about himself he is the talentless one as he gets everybody else to write his material thats why he's ended up on Buzzcocks. Bloc Party = shite your fucking ears must be painted on if you like them. As I said you follow like sheep just coz they get on Radio 1. I'm glad you don't like Milburn . I won't have to stand next to some Bloc Party loving just coz everybody else loves them kiss ass when Milburn play Aberdeen in May

Soulboy

Milburn have only received any attention, because the Arctic Monkey's took off and thankfully most decent human beings realised how crap they are and they haven't taken off, so we don't have to be subjected to them all over radio and TV. I don't think I need to repeat how terrible Milburn are, lets just say that are a band for people who look like Gilly out of Hollyoaks. As for being a Bloc Party lover, if you read my comments earlier in this post, that is quite an inaccurate description. And of course you're right, i just like bands who get played on Radio 1, from Arab Strap to the Velvet Underground, if they ain't got a Jo Whiley Live Lounge session under their belt I ain't interested.

I tried to make sense of your last sentence, but it was mission impossible.

And of course you're right, i just like bands who get played on Radio 1, from Arab Strap to the Velvet Underground, if they ain't got a Jo Whiley Live Lounge session under their belt I ain't interested.

To hear that the Velvet Underground had reformed (I know they would have to dig up Sterling Morrison, but oh well) so that they could do a comedy cover of the latest Beyonce single would possibly be the best thing in the world ever. Or worst, I'm not entirely sure.

How come the implied gay slander hasn't been deleted but my jovial gay related banter has. What a useless bunch of cunts.

If you think something should be deleted, you can always report it...

Anyway, I'll take a guess that you're meaning Soulboy's 'dirt trail bikers' post? If so, then I only left it in the discussion as a useful reference point as to the quality of his posting. In the case of yourself and Mr Trout, I decided this was not necessary, so those posts served no purpose.

If you think something should be deleted, you can always report it...

Anyway, I'll take a guess that you're meaning Soulboy's 'dirt trail bikers' post? If so, then I only left it in the discussion as a useful reference point as to the quality of his posting. In the case of yourself and Mr Trout, I decided this was not necessary, so those posts served no purpose.

Fair enough, it would've been nice to get a wee message from you just clarifying why though. I think that's what hurt the most :p

"The Prayer" is not a good song IMO. The guys voice is shockingly bad and if ever there was a song that just goes nowhere, it is this one. I didn't really like their first album either but that song that often comes on in exodus where the guitar pans between speakers on every beat - "cos I'm on fire" ("banquet" maybe) - is definitely a cracker.

Good drummer, shit singer.

"The Prayer" is not a good song IMO. The guys voice is shockingly bad and if ever there was a song that just goes nowhere, it is this one. I didn't really like their first album either but that song that often comes on in exodus where the guitar pans between speakers on every beat - "cos I'm on fire" ("banquet" maybe) - is definitely a cracker.

Good drummer, shit singer.

The Prayer is ace, where exactly do you want it to go?

lets just say that are a band for people who look like Gilly out of Hollyoaks.

Haha! Brilliant.

They're just another band at the end of a long line of bands who go onstage with their jackets on and sing songs about waiting for Taxi's, and their only purpose is for the bridge of their songs to be played when the "T4" screen-card comes on between Friends and Smallville.

Milburn have only received any attention, because the Arctic Monkey's took off and thankfully most decent human beings realised how crap they are and they haven't taken off, so we don't have to be subjected to them all over radio and TV. I don't think I need to repeat how terrible Milburn are, lets just say that are a band for people who look like Gilly out of Hollyoaks. As for being a Bloc Party lover, if you read my comments earlier in this post, that is quite an inaccurate description. And of course you're right, i just like bands who get played on Radio 1, from Arab Strap to the Velvet Underground, if they ain't got a Jo Whiley Live Lounge session under their belt I ain't interested.

I tried to make sense of your last sentence, but it was mission impossible.

What does the B stand for in Larsen B is it bollox ? Is your middle name Tox ?

Mods you'd better ban everybody from this forum as we're not worthy of being on the same forum as Larsen Tox Bollox. As he's obviously above everybody else coz he likes the velvet underground. Wish I was into bands that don't exist anymore I would save a fortune on not seeing bands I like live. Since you're into the Velvet Underground didn't think you'd be watching crap programmes like Hollyoaks thought you'd be watching university challenge. Anyway I'd rather be Gilly than the guy who dresses in a dress and high heels I hear he likes a bit of arab strap.

Soulboy

What does the B stand for in Larsen B is it bollox ? Is your middle name Tox ?

Mods you'd better ban everybody from this forum as we're not worthy of being on the same forum as Larsen Tox Bollox. As he's obviously above everybody else coz he likes the velvet underground. Wish I was into bands that don't exist anymore I would save a fortune on not seeing bands I like live. Since you're into the Velvet Underground didn't think you'd be watching crap programmes like Hollyoaks thought you'd be watching university challenge. Anyway I'd rather be Gilly than the guy who dresses in a dress and high heels I hear he likes a bit of arab strap.

Soulboy

Homophobe.

I've removed the last few posts and we'll remove any other posts in this read which continue that particular argument.

I think you should do your fucking job and remove all the posts that relate to a bigoted attitude towards homosexuality, bisexuality or transexuality. Or maybe ban Soulboy. I've nothing against him disliking a particular band etc but i don't think this site needs bigots, do you?

I think you should do your fucking job and remove all the posts that relate to a bigoted attitude towards homosexuality, bisexuality or transexuality. Or maybe ban Soulboy. I've nothing against him disliking a particular band etc but i don't think this site needs bigots, do you?

Thanks for that. Please remember that not all action taken by us will be done in full public view.

I've left those other posts alone as the other mods had already taken action over them, that should be enough.