aberdeen-music

Would you like to play at The Moorings Bar?

Flash@TMB

Looking for a gig at The Moorings Bar?

We host gigs every Saturday. Anyone seeking a Saturday gig needs to contact Brian AKA The Ghost of Fudge - on this website: http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/members/the-ghost-of-fudge.html

Or you can email gigs@themooringsbar.co.uk

Most of the local promoters also have access to dates at the bar, for instance, AUBL, Dead Anyway, Dizzy Storm, Fudge, Might Duck, Sonic Shake... and doubtless there will be others. So please feel free to book through whomever you are most comfortable with. Please PM me if you are a promoter who would like to be added to this list, and gain more access to booking gigs at the bar.

Checkout our MySpace page at: www.myspace.com/themooringsbar this includes a full spec sheet, and details of free accommodation for touring bands.

If you are bringing a touring band up to Aberdeen, and are looking to make the deal more attractive for them, then perhaps we can help. Provided the band play a Saturday night gig at The Moorings, then we will provide free accommodation for the entire duration of their stay in Aberdeen, and this would include any night where they played at another local venue :) Plus they'd be eligible for a share of our door take. Our band flat has beds for 8 people, and can sleep up to 11 at a push. It also has full cooking, washing, and laundry facilities.

Please check out the following post:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/moorings-bar/37344-rules-bands.html

We would like to hear from any booking agents that can deliver touring acts. We would be happy to fit in with any tour schedule.

Alternatively we operate an open mic night every Sunday (The Jam Factory) where anyone can come along and play:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11500

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Will Anyone Give IDENTITY the chance to play?

identity have played the likes of drummonds' date='billy bundys and are to play kef on the 23rd! They also have dates booked for fury murrys in glasgow, downtown usa in inverness, elgin and the south of wales.[/quote']

Someone did, you played, you were good, I liked you, we'll have you back.

Thanks yeh i posted that and like a week after we were playing twas good really enjoyed the night and the atmosphere was great!!! lots of people we'd be more than happy to come back we're playing again on the 28th and maybe even the 12th of feb @ the moorings kirk is gettin it organised and lettin me know! but thanks again for havin us twas an excellent night

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

third floor rising

We are looking for a gig at the Moorings e-mailed the links but got no reply.

we have a 5 track ep titled shine all original tracks and also cover the likes of Ozzy Osbourne, The Music, Placebo, AC/DC and more....

we are based in Elgin a 4 peice rock band

Played with RAAR at the Speyside whisky festival this year and due to play the speyside music festival in may with Nazareth.

can be contacted stuart.evans2004@btinternet.com :rockon:

for sample go to www.hubl.co.uk download our track higher from mp3 section

I HAVE THIS VIVID PICTURE OF TUMBLEWEED AND A CHILL WIND BLOWING THROUGH THIS POST ANYONE THERE? :help:

IS THERE ANYBODY THERE?

Check out reviews at www.musicvice.com and in friday 3rd Junes Northern Scot

ALL WE WANT TO DO IS ROCK

HELLO

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Near Death Experiment

Hello there.

My band are from Edinburgh and would like to play a show in aberdeen sometime this summer. We're called "The Near Death Experiment" but we dont really sound like "what it says on the tin!" You can hear our music at . Near Death Experiment We're a three piece at the moment with Guitarist, bass and drums. With all three doing vocals.

I have played with one of my old bands A Vanishing Art at the moorings bar before. Possibly 1 year ago. Was a great gig. Since then ive joined this new band and have read you have new equipment etc making it alot easyer for us to travel up there and play a show.

But yes if there are any slots avaliable. Please pm me or reply to this post.

• 5 months later...
areet there. Wondering if the 19th or 20th January is available at all? My 30th biffday on the 19th. Bonesaw & maybe Filthpact. not sure if i can be arsed with 2 bands again. But i shall get some others sorted out hopefully too.... What ya say?

Bazz

alright baz.

there's a slot going free on sat 20th jan with donophobia (wizards and trolls metal from greenock, went down really well last time apparently) and cheap dirt ...... so are bonesaw confirmed? :)

(if you really fancied it, we could probably squeeze on filthpact as well...)

PM me or post here