aberdeen-music

t break results...

*Blossom*

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by patrick boo:

Don't get me wrong, I have no gripe with bands who end up playing, or even the judges, many of whom I count as friends... so that leaves one thing...

Good to see you duly appeased though. Nice one. On another semi-related subject - You know they filter Tennents through the bones of calves?

you've made me think of warm tennents again... urgh.

sick sick sick

moo

it depends what you want out of t break, like going through customs and analysing a footy match everyone has differing opinions and experiences.

but you know its a good way to play the festival, drink lots of free warm tennants and looks good on the CV.

Originally posted by RossP:

Just to clear up a few points.

Cherrykicks played the Glasgow heat with us last year, not edinburgh, they had the biggest support there, were very good, and Dave Cherrykicks was very pleasant.

T-Break cover the travel expenses for bands that have to come from afar. Plus put you up in a hotel for the night if you're coming from the likes of Elgin. Each band get a case of beer, and yes it is warm pish.

T in the park give each band member a free pass for the weekend, and give you 5 other free weekend tickets for your mates. You get access to the hospitality area, free beer, and 75.

Most of the times i was in the T-break Tent at T in park last year it was surprisingly busy. We had a pretty massive crowd when we played, despite clashing with Biffy Clyro and Snow Patrol. But we know loads of folk from Elgin and Aberdeen who promised they would come along. Took a photo from stage at the end, and you can't see any gaps in the crowd from front to back.

You fo get A&R folk showing up at the tent, but it is usually only to see bands that they already have an interest in. You also get the occasional rock star, as we had Idlewild come down to watch our set, due to us meeting them at the T-Break Seminar and giveing them a cd.

All in all its an enjoyable, cheap experience. I understand why a lot of the bands who didn't enter chose not to, but i feel that they shouldn't moan about the results or slag other bands off because it doesn't match their opionions of who should and shouldn't win.

oooh u told them...

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by delboy:

sadly your always up against a bigger name band on another stage/tent. for example when i went to see nero in the t break tent in 2001, they were up against the strokes and the crowd was mainly from aberdeen! just don't expect any a & r to bother their arses, they'll be far too busy in the hospitality tent getting pished.

What d'you mean del my man, are you suggesting that the strokes had a bigger crowd than us, surely not;)

T in the park's a good experience but it is true, don't get yr hopes up too high. At the end of the day, do it, have fun, check out some bands, and have a good time. If you get something out of it then thats great. I think Nero got another Fudge gig out of it so it'ds definitely worth doing!