aberdeen-music

5 best guitarists ever?

ChildofBodom

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gregor Ascension
You mean some people don't already own those classics?

well, the last album he has mentioned is a classic. symphony x are not like trivium or children of bodem. anyone who has heard them would appreciate the genius of michael romeo, especially his song writing - if your a fan of any progressive music, you shoukd check it out. the other two are dump. :up:

well, the last album he has mentioned is a classic. symphony x are not like trivium or children of bodem. anyone who has heard them would appreciate the genius of michael romeo, especially his song writing - if your a fan of any progressive music, you shoukd check it out. the other two are dump. :up:

omg u imbisile, Most People In This Country havent even heard of children of bodom, Trivium are sellouts, and Alexi wipes the floor with michael romeo, for style anyway. and yes he is faster. oh and its BODOM not BODEM

omg u imbisile, Most People In This Country havent even heard of children of bodom, Trivium are sellouts, and Alexi wipes the floor with michael romeo, for style anyway. and yes he is faster. oh and its BODOM not BODEM

Why are you trying to make enemies on here?

This website's a great resource, so don't be an arsehole. You're also the worst pedant ever.

Guest Gregor Ascension

Alexi wipes the floor with Michael Romeo??? what does speed have to do with it? im curious now, is speed all you value in your guitar playing?

it is my opinion that Alexi is one of the most over rated guitar players around. he is very boering. you should go listen to jeff loomis. alexi probably stole half of what he knows from michael romeo, furthermore, romeo can write interesting songs woth melody, unlike your growly death metal crap 'children of bodem'

Guest Gregor Ascension
im not trying to make ennimies but it seems everyone wants to have an argument with me just because i am a metalhead. wb

well, i am also a 'metalhead' of sorts.. and a big fan of technical guitar playing, like yourself. if your not out to make enemies, dont get so upset when something is spelt wrong then.

Guest Gregor Ascension
*Recoils and gasps for air* how could you say that about WASP......

Ek they ain't pickin' on you because you're a metal head, they're pickin' on you because you're a spoon...

P.S. I actually love WASP's early albums :up:

apologies.. not my cup of tea is what i meant. :up:

yeah but any other music apart from classical bores the shit out of me.

The thing is see, no-one gives a flying fuck how much anything non-classical/metal bores the shit out of you. Yet you seem intent on telling everyone. And then when someone does give an oppinion, they get some unimaginative abuse from you.

Ok, here's my tuppence. My current favourite guitarists are (in no particular order):

Stephen Carpenter- Deftones

Paul Allender- Cradle Of Filth

Adam Dutkiewicz- Killswitch Engage

Ben Weinman- Dillinger Escape Plan

Silenoz- Dimmu Borgir

Dave Elkins- Mae

Ben Gibbard- Death Cab For Cutie

Ira Kaplan- Yo La Tengo

Matt Fox- Shai Hulud/Zombie Apocalypse

Jon Por Birgirsson- Sigur Ros

Craig B- Aereogramme

Adam Jones- Tool

Kim Thayil- ex-Soundgarden

Dimebag Darrell(R.I.P)- ex-Pantera/Damageplan

And before some wise-ass says "thats more than 5???", i'm not fucking stupid i just couldn't wittle that list down any further.

cheese! don't bite my head off, only a suggestion

so this whole thread must be meaningless?!?!

Sorry, I didn't realise full stops were so scathing :)

Of course the thread's not meaningless. It's a collection of oppinions, but as soon as it gets turned into a list it just means the most popular guitarist. Also, I'm not sure who'd be bored enough to actually count up 100 lists of 5 and compile a big list.