aberdeen-music

For the Drummers !

Fast Caz

It was too easy.

I was actually reading a thing today about the drummer from Tool who drums in a fibonacci sequence on one of the songs on Lateralus.

I also read a thing about how the album comes in two spirals, and is a gift from god - supposedly this can be inferred from some of the lyrics.

What you're meant to do is load the album into a wave editor and re-order the tracks and take out all the gaps between songs. The guy worked it out with a mathematical formula. Supposedly the cd is better that way.

Craig

Originally posted by craig deadenstereo:

It was too easy.

I was actually reading a thing today about the drummer from Tool who drums in a fibonacci sequence on one of the songs on Lateralus.

I also read a thing about how the album comes in two spirals, and is a gift from god - supposedly this can be inferred from some of the lyrics.

What you're meant to do is load the album into a wave editor and re-order the tracks and take out all the gaps between songs. The guy worked it out with a mathematical formula. Supposedly the cd is better that way.

Craig

Yeah the tool drummer is a very good drummer and probably one of the few of its kind.

i will have to find my lateralus and try this out sounds like something that would please me.

I put a pic in the galleries when I get finished scanning them. I use two drum kits. One is a Ludwig 73 or 74 vistablue(the one like Bonham had) that I totally refurbished. I have it set up in a four piece with one hi hat, two crashes and one ride that were provided from Paiste. I also have a Pearl Studio Session kit that I have set up in a four piece with Paiste cymbals as well. I use Vic Firth sticks and I my favorite drummer is Damon Che from Don Cabellero

Guest highroller

ill put pics up when i get some...

my current kit is

Tama rockstar custom

16 x 22 kick drum

9 x 10 tom

10 x 12 tom

14 x 16 suspended (where the floor tom would normally be - suspended using tama's clohes peg clip thing that is awesome.)

5.5 x 16 snare

All shells are phillipino mahogany...which althopugh isnt maple or birch is still lovely sounding....

cymbals All Sabian AAX...I wouldnt play anything else...they are tough and brutal and cutting while sounding controlled and classy with a lovely decay on the crashes...

14" stage hats

16" stage crash

18" stage crash

20" inch stage ride

all tama hardware and its again indestructable and double braced of course....

however a little twist in the tale...i use a pearl kick pedal...ive had it years and i love it...i dont use a tama kick pedal because i love my pearl one....just always play well with it!

Well i dunno really first off was the braces on the toms that attracted me then i tried it out and it had a certain presence and thats the kind of kit i was looking for.

also the snare i got with is also very good

plus not alot of people use a ludwig set nowadays so i thought i would use something different and i love it

Guest highroller

nice..ive never played a sonor kit...dont know much about em anyway....ive had two kits since i started playing when i was 16....both Tama....NOTHING would make me change.....

Guest Scorge Spike

Tamas are guff. So are Sonors, for that matter. :finger:

I actually have a Ludwig too, though a) it's not actually that good, and b) I'll probably have sold it before I could be arsed putting pictures up. I'll be buying a Pacific custom kit next, I think, though the snare might have to be a Mapex....

Scott's got a Tama Swing Star and it's a mightly impressive kit...first thing that strikes you is the projection, very loud. I may get some of the following wrong.

Tama Swing Star Kit - Soon to have 3 Rack Toms and 2 Floor Toms.

Tama Hammered Shell Snare (Smaller than the other one the kit came with)

Tama Iron Cobra Double Bass Pedal

Zildjian A Custom Master Sound Hi-Hats

Zildjian Z Custom Rock Crash "16

Zildjian Z Custom Rock Crash "18

Zildjian Z Custom 22" Ride

Zildjian Oriental China "Trash" "16

Zildjian China - I don't know exact model

Paiste 200 Splash (This may have changed)

Pearl Rock Cowbell

Tymp Toms (2)

Originally posted by Scorge McBrain:

Tamas are guff. So are Sonors, for that matter. :finger:

I don't think you can say they are guff, they are undoubtedly good quality drums, but they are both quite distinctive sounding. Maybe what you mean is you don't like the sound of them?

I used to have a Tama Granstar and the bass drum was a killer. *sniff*

Would love to have one again. Failing that I still have the toms if anyone wants to buy them.

I use a Yamaha 9000 snare, Pearl twin pedals and Sabians all the way.

Pacifics are quite nice, but its bigger brother the DWs are fantastic.

Guest Scorge Spike
Originally posted by Ben Quik:

Scorge....you talk some fucking shit....

No Ben, I post opinions. Talking shite is something best left for Wastelanders/MMW vocalists (jest). :D

I just despise the sound of those sodding Tamas, the bass drum especially. Played three different types of 'em, and only one of them even approached being tolerable, and that had Remo skins and the snare was a Yamaha anyway. (Pedal was a Ludwig too, now I think about it...)

Best kit I've played was either a downsized version of Len's kit of doom with the Portnoy snare almost invisible to the human eye, or probably the DW that one of me mates had on loan for a while. Pacific's have the best actual feel, hence my desire for one.

I Play a premier drum kit, and i think thas better than Ludwig (Just my opioin)but care, i just have a standard kit, snare two tom toms, floor tom, hi hat, two crashes an ride all K cymbals. l also a mapex double bass pedel. the kit i've always wanted is an orange county, there the best drum kits in the world