aberdeen-music

Broken Sunshine?

Birdman

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?? NOOOO, not tuuli, scott tell me you're lying!! I can't fucking stand them, I'd rather not be in a band at all, than be compared to them...ahh!

OK, we may sound a little like them, but they're very very poppy and I don't think we're THAT poppy...we are but not to the extent they are....am I making sense?!

Guest Scott 5FD

well, you kinda have the same style going on, i didn't mean to offend you or anything.

sadly, i cannot attend the gig tomorrow, but i'll be at the 4ft fingers show.

i'm on the guestlist.

*smug*

• 5 months later...

Find out for yourself...

they do play a gig every fucking week... so it's not difficult.

To be honest, when I saw them I drakes.... I wasn't too impressed.... they may have improved since then, I don't know... I honestly have no wish to see them again, I found them grating.

when I first seem them back in December I think or January maybe I thought they were really shit but sicne then their songs have got better and their performance the same. I think they sound like a girl version of Brand New on their first album for some songs others I would say Nofx. The vocals the remind me of Matt Skiba of Alkaline Trio if he were a girl that is.

See im with cammie didnt think much of them at the start of the year but they have improved hugely since then and i would now go and see them whenever they are playing. They have some great catchy tunes and the vocals are getting better every time i see them. I dunno i get reminded of Tsunami Bomb for some reason when i listen to them.

Lets c if u can convert me

I'll be in aberdeen on the 31st and i'll b going to the halloween thing in kef to c broken sunshire purely out of curiosity. When I was recording in exile Mark showed us some of ur EP. But I can't make any judgements as it was probably edited to make it tighter etc. ( I know ours was). I wonder if u can convert me to punk as i've been disappointed by a lot of punk bands in aberdeen. I want to c how good u r cos i've heard so many mixed opinions about ur band. I suppose i'm open minded enough to appreciate a good performance any style, but now u have a challenge to convert a jazzer to liking punk.

I'm so bored.... Don't come to edinburgh -the music scene is shit. Gone r the days of the weekly moorings jams for me....