aberdeen-music

HITS N GIGGLES - clubnight at MOSHULU

The Ghost Of Fudge

you'll love it, i pwomise... :gringo:

coming soon (wednesday the 15th november 2006, i believe), weekly in moshulu, the clubnight you've probably dreamed of attending since you were born!

an orgy of dancing, drinking, competitions and fun!

'HITS N GIGGLES' (inspired, i know)

featuring:

NAME DJ ADAM M. PSYDOLL!

the coolest cat to walk the streets of aberdeen, and one of the greatest DJ talents since Timmy Mallet, he could fly you up to heaven with the cheese-pop-rock set from your dreams and take you home afterwards for a gourmet meal! (Maybe not the 'meal' bit if he's put away as much cider as normal...)

THE KNIGHTS THAT SAY "FUCK OFF WITH THAT CATCHPHRASE NONSENSE", yes, i'm afraid so, THE FUDGE TWINS!

possibly the most dishevelled, uninterested and incompetent comperes on the face of this damn planet. but by GOD! they give YOU, yes YOU, the people, random hourly drink discounts! and they offer up the chance to win fabulous prizes (provided by our kind sponsers THE ASYLUM COMIC SHOP, 29 THE ADELPHI) by taking part onstage in ill-advised games involving ketchup bottles, frozen t-shirts, twister carpets and the oh-so-spectacular like!

The forthcoming 'fun' is said to be utterly random, unrelenting, and with an 80's TV twist.

It's sure to be stunning!

HitsNGiggles2.jpg

There's never been anything like it!*

*errrr...

Any chance we'll still be able to use the old free entry flyers...?

THE GHOST OF FUDGE SAYS: WOOPS, THOUGHT I WAS QUOTING, BUT I WAS EDITING. WHO'D HAVE THOGHT IT, I DIDN'T KNOW I COULD DO THAT. OR DID I?

I CAN MAKE RACHIE SAY ANYTHING!

LET'S TRY, FOR EXAMPLE:

wow! i'll be there every week! and i'll pay a tenner everytime! roll on the 15th!

Good show, now we just need whoever makes the posters to start alerting people to the fact that the backroom DJs (Maxi and myself) play different sorts of tunes and you've got a cracking night on your hands ;)

and what sort of thing might you play? tell us my friend? what treats do you have to pour down our tired, emotional and drunk ears?

• 3 weeks later...
With me in the backroom :p

dont worry kids, it aint that bad...

you also get a drunken tequila mike + jimmy AUBL buying everyone in the bar drinks, and the legendary rob howard stopping by with stories of drunken debauchery + dry cleaning

i prefer the backroom to the front room, good atmosphere, nicer drinks and less arseholes. so i would say to many of the fowk who diont really pop in to come check it out, chill out, have some banter/nice cocktail, request some (appropriate) tunes or bring a cd in (if you bring one in when i am on and i can fit it in then ill probably do it)

no offence to name dj ADAM MARNOCH or J.A.G/Binky, who do a sterling job and give the crowd what they want, whilst also pleasing the muso's form time to time) :)

so er fuck exodus and its big long queues/charlatans fans and lanky NAME djs :D

dont worry kids, it aint that bad...

you also get a drunken tequila mike + jimmy AUBL buying everyone in the bar drinks, and the legendary rob howard stopping by with stories of drunken debauchery + dry cleaning

i prefer the backroom to the front room, good atmosphere, nicer drinks and less arseholes. so i would say to many of the fowk who diont really pop in to come check it out, chill out, have some banter/nice cocktail, request some (appropriate) tunes or bring a cd in (if you bring one in when i am on and i can fit it in then ill probably do it)

no offence to name dj ADAM MARNOCH or J.A.G/Binky, who do a sterling job and give the crowd what they want, whilst also pleasing the muso's form time to time) :)

so er fuck exodus and its big long queues/charlatans fans and lanky NAME djs :D

Oiii :p

Yeah, bringing along a cd (cd-r audio or bought cd) with something you want played applies to me too. I'm usually more than happy to fit something in, as the young lad (dunno if he posts on here) who brought a Yo La Tengo album in the week before last will attest.

I'll generally try and fit in appropriate requests and maybe offer up some alternatives, like the acoustic Pantera that i played for the metalheads who wanted some Slayer/Pantera, if i haven't got that particular cd.

One thing i will say is that i'm shite at song names, if you happen to the know the number of the track or the general area on the cd it is then i'll be more likely to find/play it.

Backroom is in a class of its own though :p

• 1 month later...

the fun commences once more at 10.30 tonight. why not pop along, the last few weeks have been pretty busy so we're obviously doing something right :)

it's probably all down to our glorious leader, NAME DJ ADAM, and his excitement inducing sets of pop thrills and rock spills.

we did radio controlled car racing last week, so i'm thinking it may be a return for the Daisy Chain game. you'll love it.