aberdeen-music

Good TV Series/Mini Series

Diesel

Indeed, very good. Good choice.

The R1 version is better though, as loads of sex scenes and violence were cut from the british version for some reason.

I stopped watching Rome after the 3rd or 4th episode as it was clear to me we were getting a very different version to the US one. There were bits of the 2nd episode in the UK version that were in the middle of the 1st episode of the US version. It all seemed cut to shreds and disjointed and I thought it had been very unnecessary.

Guest DustyDeviada
I got my sweaties on Seasons 3&4 via t'interweb. They're clearly hooky copies and the vendor is "no longer registered with eBay".

I'd be happy to ..ahem.. "back them up" for you.

Season 3 is the best IMO. The stuff with Aceveda was horrific.

• 3 months later...
Guys,

I see a few threads on here about "Prison Break" and several other US TV series and I'm wondering if you guys could recommend a few that are worth watching.

Currently, the telly in general is utter minge and as our lifestyles are a bit hectic at the moment, it's difficult for my wife and me to commit to any of the series on telly.

So, what we've been doing is buying box-sets of these programmes that we can watch at our leisure.

So far we've seen...

• Soparanos (series 1-6) - simply the best thing ever to grace the telly.
  • Six Feet Under (series 1-5) - off the wall and absolutely fabulous
  • The Shield (1-4) - excellent, fast moving and good stories apart from some ridiculous resolutions to the predicaments that the Strike Team get into

I started watching (on the telly)...

• Lost - which was exactly what happened to my interest after three episodes of stereotyping
  • The 4400 - exactly the number of episodes you have to watch before it gets anywhere
  • The Invaders - total gash

Apart from the above, fit like are "Prison Break", "The Wire", "CSI", "Arrested Development" and any others that I never get the chance to see ?

I'd appreciate any input/reviews from you folks.

Ta

*resurrects thread from the dead*

Did you ever get around to watching The Wire? I got the 1st series for Christmas and it is superb. As you like the Sopranos, I'd say it's pretty much a shoe-in you'd like The Wire.

Arrested Development is also great. Just don't watch the third series, it's embarassingly bad. But the first two are sheer comedy gold.