aberdeen-music

the moorings sound

ZeromiserY

well, we (statue of misery) played a short set at the moorings tonight (22.10.06) and i just wanted to post this little note up:

we haven't played there in around 2 years an i have to say, the onstage sound was by far the best i've heard in aberdeen. we had about a 40 second sound check and still it was excellent.

I would advise any band (new or established alike) to play there if you haven't played before or at least in a while. we played our first gig there, it was the perfect place to start out.

:up:

indeed sir, i couldnt believe the quality of it. it makes you think though, what the fucka re other venues playing at? the moorings invests its profits back into the bar/sound etc for the customers. everywhere else seems to stay the same.

we played there for the 1st time in ages and noticed a huge difference, we play other places and never notice a any change at all.

my guess is that the moorings sound didnt change overnight but come on. you know what im saying folks?

oh, and p.s.

i love the fact that the drum kit is fully set-up with everything from double bass pedals to cymbals and even sticks!

dont know if anyone has taken the time but i feel the need to give thanks.

so there it is

:cheers:

We do try and provide all the bits needed, Nothing worse than having a gig but the drummer has no sticks, or no spare guitar strings, This is all added cost (for us) but it is worth while if the gigs go smoothly,

We are looking into an acoustic guitar pickup and preamp at the moment, so any of you who have an acoustic without a pickup we can plug you in, and the preamp will be good for any acoustic instrument with a pickup, Also it will be something we know works and it will be setup ready to use, eliminating situations where they dont work or the battery is dead.

id just like to say that the sound at the moorings is pretty damn good and im so glad that my band (victims of circimstance) get to play on it.we played last night and i thought we were pretty damn good although our drummer did complain he couldnt hear us but he did have his pro plugs in the fool.i would like to blame i mean thank flash for the searing pain in my knees right now.getiing me drunk and spinning me round for like forever then commanding me to stagger like a monkey with shit down his leg lookin like a fool to the other side of the bar to the yellow pole. Oh it was brilliant and thanks for the free shots emm they were free right? it was jager absynth and rocket fuel i think i dunno but it was great fun. ill be up 4 doin it nxt sunday we,ll be coming along to play and our bassist will probably play too the lazy c**t. thanks guys the sound was great and one more thing did i make it to the pole?

Almost, you dived for it... missed, and slid along the deck for a bit.

We think you have a great voice BTW. Nice and clear.

thanks man really appriciate that. im never normally able to tell if im singing well at practice because i have to sing thru a crappy bass amp cause i cant afford to buy a good one. thats why i was kinda surprised at how good we sounded on stage cause we normaly sound crap at practice

thanks man really appriciate that. im never normally able to tell if im singing well at practice because i have to sing thru a crappy bass amp cause i cant afford to buy a good one. thats why i was kinda surprised at how good we sounded on stage cause we normaly sound crap at practice

I hope we see you again on sunday, Cant beat a stage practice :up: