aberdeen-music

Gillette or ..The other stuff?

Benji

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Chortle Chortle.

I wish there was a thread where ladies would talk about shaving. I want to find a sharper blade for my legs as I'd prefer a closer shave. Multi-blades I'm not so fussed about... I just need very sharp. Any recommendations? (I realise blokes shavers tend to piss on our girly ones).

Lads, never, EVER let a woman borrow your razor for legs/underarms/ladygarden or whatever. I made that mistake. A good blade should do you about 20 shaves, but after a woman uses it ONCE, it can effortlessly slice unimpeded through anything.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the razor you use. Either that or you need to do a Desperate Dan and use a bunsen burner and a meat cleaver. Now that's a man's shave.

that sounds like it's going to be the only option soon, using the Gillette fusion and it lasts 3 times, the old mach3 blades used to last a max of two, usually had to throw them out after one...

Guest Jake Wifebeater
that sounds like it's going to be the only option soon, using the Gillette fusion and it lasts 3 times, the old mach3 blades used to last a max of two, usually had to throw them out after one...

Fucking hell, I thought I was overly hairy. How often do you need to shave?

Ace thread indeed!

I use one of those vibrating razors as advertised by David Beckham a few years back. It a good shave. Having left it soaking in puddles of water and old shaving foam it now has a covering of black slime/mould and smells a bit funny but I change the blade regularly so i think that's ok. I'm coming up for 26 and can't grow a full beard. this disappoints me. I can do a good tache/goaty combo though. Ah, it's good to talk!

Every 2 days for me, I win. Body hair's back in, so we should do OK.

actually, let's rephrase that, I shave every 3 days because I suffer from sensitive skin so can't shave any earlier! :(

is it coming back in? sweet

and I'm the same Jake, beard at 16 is fantastic ID. I'm sure some of the guys and girls round my age that went to Dyce Academy would testify to my freakish levels of hair growth :down:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
actually, let's rephrase that, I shave every 3 days because I suffer from sensitive skin so can't shave any earlier! :(

is it coming back in? sweet

and I'm the same Jake, beard at 16 is fantastic ID. I'm sure some of the guys and girls round my age that went to Dyce Academy would testify to my freakish levels of hair growth :down:

Aye, I read in one of the Sunday tabs that Robbie Williams (!) has made a big thing out of never waxing his chest. It showed a photo of him, and I've seen more hair on a fucking snooker ball, that was a pitiful excuse for shrubbery. Still, if the ladies are into it we might as well exploit the situation.

Fuck, I was put to Gordon's in primary 6 and had to wear shorts. The only kid in junior school with furry legs..........

Chortle Chortle.

I wish there was a thread where ladies would talk about shaving. I want to find a sharper blade for my legs as I'd prefer a closer shave. Multi-blades I'm not so fussed about... I just need very sharp. Any recommendations? (I realise blokes shavers tend to piss on our girly ones).

I've been using Gillette for years, I tried Wilkinsons but they really are crap.

I'm using the Gillette Venus Vibrance (Vibrating Razor) :up: just now, its good for a close shave, I also use the Gillette Satincare Sensitive Gel.

I haven't found a razor to beat Gillette yet.

Yeah, I've got a Venus aswell. They are pretty good I have to say :) I haven't tried the vibrating one... is it really a lot better? They seem to cost a fair bit more for the blades etc, that's kinda what's put me off so far but if it gives me an extra day before I get any leg stubble then I'd be happy to invest. :)

I used to use the Gillette Satincare gel but I just found it to be a pain in the shower (it comes off far too easily) so I switched to the King of Shaves lady range of gels - which I have to say are fantastic and don't leave your skin dry. They can also take the odd splash from the shower without coming off completely. It's also low-foam so you have a happy medium of being able to see what you've shaved whilst being able to avoid and nicks you'vve had from before :D

Not sure if its any better than the normal venus, it seeminly exfoliates your skin as you shave though. I have to agree with you on the Satincare stuff, it does wash off really easy, I finished my tin yesterday so I might take your advice on the King of Shaves. Mind you if I'm stuck for shaving gel, I've used the imperial leather shower gel, thats pretty good as well.

Aye, I read in one of the Sunday tabs that Robbie Williams (!) has made a big thing out of never waxing his chest. It showed a photo of him, and I've seen more hair on a fucking snooker ball, that was a pitiful excuse for shrubbery. Still, if the ladies are into it we might as well exploit the situation.

Fuck, I was put to Gordon's in primary 6 and had to wear shorts. The only kid in junior school with furry legs..........

gahaha! I'm just trying to imagine a young Jake! Tattoo's, piercing's and sideburns don't tend to translate very well though!

The new Wilkinson Sword Quattro for ladies is rather good although I agree that Gillette are vastly superior. I bought mens razor blades for ages after my ex left his razor at mine when he moved out and they're fucking amazing and the blades are usually cheaper too.

I've gotta say that shaving gel does nothing for me, I've got really sensitive skin so I need something much more moisturising. Pantene conditioner or Johnson's Baby Oil does the trick beautifully and smells nice too :)

I'm a big fan of beards, men shouldn't shave. My boyfriend can go from newly shaved to sandpaper like stubble in less than 4 hours, he has mad facial hair growing skills. It's far less bother for him to be beardy. And it means less stubble rash for me. No one likes a chin thats red raw.

Guest bluesxman

I have also had a good growth going on since mid-teens, I have only ever been able to shave every few days due to exploding tendency of neck. My Dad assured me that if I persevered with shaving daily the skin would toughen up, tried it once and after 3 days my neck looked like it had gone 3 rounds with a grizzly bears claws and so every few days it has been since, I don't care if I'm scruffy....I've not found one product that stops my neck erupting if I shave too often. I tried the Quattro but abandoned it after a few shaves, if you leave the stubble to grow more than a couple of days it just blocks up constantly and doesn't clear easily, pish.

So I'm back to a Mach 3 Turbo and use the Turbo Gel, that is my trusty combination, with whatever after shave balm I've picked up cheap there isn't much to separate them. I wasn't too impressed with King of Shaves personally, I like a bit of foam to see what I'm doing, combination of that and gel is just too much arsing about for me.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
My boyfriend can go from newly shaved to sandpaper like stubble in less than 4 hours, he has mad facial hair growing skills. It's far less bother for him to be beardy. And it means less stubble rash for me. No one likes a chin thats red raw.

So all the ladies say, when we all know it's friction burns off the carpet............

Guest Jake Wifebeater
gahaha! I'm just trying to imagine a young Jake! Tattoo's, piercing's and sideburns don't tend to translate very well though!

It's not a pretty thought, is it? I'll have to get a copy of a photo my folks have of me aged 5, playing with a toy Silver Jubilee bus and me with a full head of pure blond hair. What the fuck went wrong?