aberdeen-music

Google buys youtube

Guest MKII

Google bought Myspace off Murdoch is what im led to believe.

Perhaps not.

Someone's been having you on Camie...Myspace is worth a hell of a lot in terms of where it is and what the demographics are worth - there's absolutely no way (unless Google were prepared to pay a ridiculous amount of money) that Murdoch would sell out to what is effectively a rival in the information age.

Having said that, this deal makes Murdoch's purchase of Myspace an utter bargain...I can't for the life of me understand what made Google think this was a good deal :|

edit : I see the deal was for Google shares - so it's not really costing them anything.

Because You Tube is at the forefront of a new form of online entertainment, which in the long term, could change the way we think about both the internet and television. Google wants a slice of the action so rather than try and take on the market leaders head on they have bought them out. The company has not been bought solely for what it is, but where it may lead to in the future.

Google bought Myspace off Murdoch is what im led to believe.

Perhaps not.

Not quite. Google paid Mr. Murdoch lots of money to provide search services within MySpace.

The purchase of YouTube makes sense (even if it is a silly amount of money) as I assume Google will use YouTube as a replacement for its less than popular Google Video service.