aberdeen-music

Franz Ferdinand

Aileen

I love the album, and the guys are a bloody good laugh. Alex used to live in Bridge of Don... *thinks back to SXSW and sheds a tear*

To be honest I like the album, and their live performances seem to be getting better.

Originally posted by Aileen:

Really loved Take Me Out so bought tickets to go see them next week. Bought the album yesterday and gotta admit, I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. Anyone else feel a great anti-climax on hearing the album?

Not really. I like the album a lot. You can tell they've actually thought through what the hell they're doing and it pays off.

Apparantly the songs are more polished live these days after the amount of gigs they've put in, but that could just be journalistic bullshit.

Re: Re: Franz Ferdinand

Originally posted by Bob:

Not really. I like the album a lot. You can tell they've actually thought through what the hell they're doing and it pays off.

Apparantly the songs are more polished live these days after the amount of gigs they've put in, but that could just be journalistic bullshit.

I think they are, having heard earlier live recordings and comparing them to how they are now... it's a far tighter show and the work seems definately apparent.

The album is fantastic. It did admittedly as missdawn says take me a few listens to get into, but once you get passed that it's undeniably ace! I read a good article on them in this weeks Sunday Herald, the band were completely open and frank. It's a good read, you should try and track it down if you like them.

I'm totally in love with this band. I had been waiting for their album for months after my friend in Manchester told me about them 6 months ago. He knows I'm really into bands that have their sound. Their album came out here in the States right before SXSW (sheds a tear too.....man this year was awesome) and I have been jamming it ever since.

The best lyrics are "it's always better on holiday, so much better on holiday, we only work when we need the money". Great line.

Guest neil ex

i was dancing to franz ferdinand on monday night at exothrust, home of the most sleazy girls (well it was this monday)... it's the only franz ferdinand song i've heard and i like it.

that new strokes song is good to dance to aswell. that aswell is always played at exothrust on a monday night.

Not to put anyone off Franz Ferdinand but I overheard a couple of 14/15 year old neds talking at a bus stop tonight.

Got ne fags min?

nit!

Ken, wi shud ging tae Michelles i nite.

Aye, bring yer Oasis CDs.

Aye, at's an idea... n Franz Ferdinand n a?

Aye, fukin love em.

That bit, 'it's better in the massinne, always massinee'. rockin like.

I take it back....I take it ALL back....Franz Ferdinand were ON FIRE last night at the QMU!! They totally fucking rocked the boat!!! Was just a matter of the album growing on me, still a couple of songs I'm not so keen on, but on the whole they were outstanding!

Shame one of their support acts was the WORST BAND IN THE WORLD!!................EVER!!!!!! It was literally like musical murder, I felt like crying by the end of their set.........or slitting my wrists! Nightmare

Guest neil ex

jet the band, not the smexy gladiator

i heard a jet song and i thought it was iggy pop's lust for life until it went into the bit that doesn't sound like lust for life.

Originally posted by qzdiablo:

who were the support?

First support band were called Sons And Daughters and were kinda ok, but seemed to only play about three different chords and sing a melody over the top - but the vox volume wasnt high enough so generally just sounded like three chords over and over and over and over.....you get the picture.

Second support band (the worst in the history of the world) were called Fiery Furnaces.......AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!! Unless you enjoy inflicting pain on yourself!

Originally posted by Aileen:Second support band (the worst in the history of the world) were called Fiery Furnaces.......AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!! Unless you enjoy inflicting pain on yourself!

i missed the chance to see them at atp but i heard they resoundingly sucked there too

they are media darlings though...

um...if you imagine the theme tune for the magic roundabout but in a slightly more sinister tone, with some shit woman singing over the top and the scary organ thing notched about another three pitches, that abouts knocks it on the head!......they sucked!!!!!!!!!!