aberdeen-music

call centre employees needed for study

Ollie

First Question for you call centre people:

Why don't you die?

Somebody asked that to a really reeallly quiet, shy Czech girl in my call centre and her whole fat face crumpled into tears and she left soon after.

edit: Which was a shame because although I didn't like her much after she adopted me as her friend and sang songs to me at lunch so I couldn't go to the pub, we had some good times like her first joint (How do you know if it function? I feel like geeggling!) :)

yeah how dare i have worked in a call centre that deals with incoming calls aka people who want and are seeking help, and all just to earn a living. wow. you've really opened my eyes. thank you.

Incoming call companies I aint got problems with.

But people who call me and ask:

"Hi, do you wanna buy stuff?"

..I got problems with.

If you sound interested in buying something; they looooove you. If you don't, then you get this whole attitude where you feel like you've done something wrong. Fuck that. I'll buy what I need to buy. I don't need someone telling me what to buy.

..I got problems with.

If you sound interested in buying something; they looooove you. If you don't, then you get this whole attitude where you feel like you've done something wrong. Fuck that. I'll buy what I need to buy. I don't need someone telling me what to buy.

youve got to remember that the person on the end of the line is just doing a job though, and like you are earning money to live, support their family, ect. They may hate the job and hate having to cold call

youve got to remember that the person on the end of the line is just doing a job though, and like you are earning money to live, support their family, ect. They may hate the job and hate having to cold call

Don't get me wrong dude, I do have respect for these people. But it's a simple case of respecting us too, which in my opnion doesn't happen. They call us whenever it suits them, they push a product which they they need commision for, and they wont think twice about you even if they do sell, your a figure on their paycheck and nothing more.

Customer care is something I demand when buying or selling, and if I feel I don't get it, they don't get it.

If someone phoned me up with a nice approach, apologised for disturbing me etc, then and only then would they be entertained.

..I got problems with.

Those people are cunts alright. I was an incoming call guy too but if it was quiet we'd be forced to make outgoing sales calls masquerading as "customer care calls". I handed my notice in during one of these quiet spells.

Now in new employment I answer the phone to about 20 of these annoying fuckers a day. I actually preferred being an annoying fucker myself! They're always wanting to be transferred to the IT Manager or MD and they've got a few bullshit psychology 101 tricks up their sleeves. They use this disgusting familiarity thing so you pass the call through "Hi! Can I speak to Timmy" like they know the guy. Another is to belittle you. "Look, can I speak to someone with more authority, I'm a very busy person". How stupid do you think I am saleperson?! You can imagine their training sessions. "OK class, today we're going to learn how to be a properly shameless bastard."

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :swearing: