aberdeen-music

Man Utd v Celtic

delboy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time you watched celtic in the flesh?

He probably doesn't know where Celtic Park even is.

When Inverness were playing at Pittodrie a couple of years ago I sat in a pub in town watching their "home" game against Celtic. There was a guy a couple of seats away in his Celtic top cheering loudly at his team and celebrating when they scored. When the won (3-1, I believe) he said to his mate -

"Fucking ace - just won 60 fae the bookies for correct score and Hartson for first scorer".

Bloke on another table nearby - "It's a shame you never got that yesterday, eh? Then you could have afforded to get the bus fare down to Pittodrie and actually went to see your team".

Guest DustyDeviada

Yep, I get fed up of all these glory hunters who were born in Aberdeen "supporting" Celtic, usually on the flimsy excuse that they are catholic and/or their Dad supports the team.

Still, Aberdeen folk who "support" the Huns are even worse, although they seem to have been conspicuous by their absence in the past year. I wonder why?

Yep' date=' I get fed up of all these glory hunters who were born in Aberdeen "supporting" Celtic, usually on the flimsy excuse that they are catholic and/or their Dad supports the team.

Still, Aberdeen folk who "support" the Huns are even worse, although they seem to have been conspicuous by their absence in the past year. I wonder why?[/quote']

I don't understand anyone that supports Rangers or Celtic purely on religion but doesn't seem to be able to go to Church on a Sunday morning.

Scholes and Rooney are due back tonight, Ronaldo and Giggs raiding down the wings, they are a potent force. I expect Sir Alex not to bother playing a keeper. We'll just have another midfielder instead.

If Smeltic can keep a clean sheet for the first half, then perhaps they can frustrate the reds, but I can't see it. I reckon it'll be 2-0 Man U, but the return game will be closer.

pete

inthehills

Yep' date=' I get fed up of all these glory hunters who were born in Aberdeen "supporting" Celtic, usually on the flimsy excuse that they are catholic and/or their Dad supports the team.?[/quote']

I've been a Celtic fan for roughly 20 years and have only been to handful of games yet I consider myself a fan; great expense having being splashed on merchandise, memorabilia, videos and DVDs etc. And this had hee-haw to do with family or religion. Pure and simple choice is what it boils down to. For the Lou Macari years I couldn't exactly call myself glory hunting. On the same hand what about a skelp of Aberdeen fans who suddenly jumped on the Man Utd band-wagon once Fergie made them a success?

Hmmm... Glory Hunting sheep shaggers who can't let go of the Fergie association and the 1983 Cup Winners Cup

Guest DustyDeviada
I've been a Celtic fan for roughly 20 years and have only been to handful of games yet I consider myself a fan; great expense having being splashed on merchandise' date=' memorabilia, videos and DVDs etc. And this had hee-haw to do with family or religion. Pure and simple choice is what it boils down to. For the Lou Macari years I couldn't exactly call myself glory hunting. On the same hand what about a skelp of Aberdeen fans who suddenly jumped on the Man Utd band-wagon once Fergie made them a success?

Hmmm... Glory Hunting sheep shaggers who can't let go of the Fergie association and the 1983 Cup Winners Cup[/quote']

I think that's a bit different, people in Scotland selecting an "English" team. They would still be Aberdeen fans first and foremost. Unless you are trying to say that there are people from Aberdeen who stopped supporting them and then supported Man United instead, as that's not a phenomenon that I'm aware of.

You should support the team from the area you grew up in, regardless of their level of success. If you do otherwise, you're a glory hunter, end of story.

; great expense having being splashed on merchandise' date=' memorabilia, videos and DVDs etc.[/quote']

Yeah, I bet going to sleep under your Celtic downie cover and switching off your Celtic table-lamp keeps you satisfied deep down and gives you a sense of well being. Yep, you're "supporting" your team through thick and thin so you are.

Do you wear your scarf in the living room when you watch the Scotsport highlights?

I reckon Man U will turn the Hoops over. I'm saying 3-0.

Celtic will raise their game from the weekend with the occassion of playing in Old Trafford and the whole build up to the game but as someone said - Man U are absolutely flying at the moment. I hope I'm wrong though.

Regarding the "support" debate, I'd have to agree that it is entirely your choice but I'd always ask someone for a good reason that they support/follow a particular team. The "my Dad supported them" reason is good enough for me. If I ever have kids that are into football they will be strongly advised/threatened to support/follow the Dons, whether I still live here or in Glasgow or Beverly Hills (with my little fantasy football family of the future....). Apparently if I do live in Beverly Hills I'll no longer be a "supporter" due to being unable to attend Pittodrie so my passion may start to fade being a mere "follower" and I may even allow my children to watch American Sports.....

As far as religion goes, if you are a devout catholic and want to support Celtic for that reason, go ahead. Even if you're not a devout catholic but that is your heritage then that is equally as good a reason. I don't think it has much to do with the church anymore for anyone.